DAC-END R (ES9018)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you provide just a little more information about the kit? Apologies - it may be due to language translation:

1) What if any components/modules come assembled? All? It seems they do (inspection and testing) but I want to be clear.
2)Welding machine, lead-free pewter - is a case included?
3) Apart from connectors and a USB receiver - what else is needed?

Excited about your work, just need more info :)

Anyone know any reason why my lead free DAC chips slowly develop a grayish color residue/contaminant around the pins after the chip is soldered to the PCBS? Eventually, this residue causes increasingly audible distortion until I clean it off with contact cleaner spray, but then the residue build up slowly again. This chemical reaction residue, or whatever it is, has appeared with multiple PCM1794A chips I've mounted. I'm thinking this is being caused by some kind of reaction between the lead-free pins of the chip and the lead bearing solder of the pre-tinning PCBs provided by my board supplier, but I really don't know. Anyone else had this problem, or know what is causing it?

Last edited:
Can you provide just a little more information about the kit? Apologies - it may be due to language translation:

1) What if any components/modules come assembled? All? It seems they do (inspection and testing) but I want to be clear.

I guess what he means by no 2 is soldered by machin using, lead free solder (to be ROHS compliant).

1 x Kit DAC
2 x Kit IV
1 x Volum Kit + Remove
all tested
thanks

I'm sorry Quangho - I may not be making myself clear, but your posts do not address any of my questions. Let me try again.

1) Is the Dac kit assembled? Yes? No? Partially?
2) Are the IV Kits assembled? Yes? No? Partially?

I have a couple Combo384's and no how to use them - thanks. I wanted to know what else would be needed for a complete DAC.

Case? Power Transformers?

Thanks Quangho - we'll get there :)

I'm sorry Quangho - I may not be making myself clear, but your posts do not address any of my questions. Let me try again.

1) Is the Dac kit assembled?
Yes
2) Are the IV Kits assembled?
Yes
3, 1 x Volum Kit + Remove assembled?
yes

I have a couple Combo384's and no how to use them - thanks. I wanted to know what else would be needed for a complete DAC.

you only put on the dac, and use the remove controller and play the music

You need transformer for dac
1. 0-6 VAC to 9VAC/ 1A x 2 for DAC

2. 18-0-18VAC/500mA x 2 for IV

3. And one Combo384's ( only put in the DAC )

You have a DAC
thanks

Last edited:
Quaghao,
you stated that this is somethig for future...
So I asume you developed this one for future,
so why then 50 kits minimal order,
I doubt you will get 50 people to order something they dont know
how it will perform.
I would be interested but why dont you offer only a PCB and the sabre chip soldered on it, we here are all diy people and like to tweak on our own. I dont need the extra I/V stuff and else...You should offer it in modular way.
This is just my opinion...

isnt there enough ESS house of cards? doing it bare board with a design like this would cost significantly more to buy the parts yourself to fill it, so your dreaming if you think it would save money.

I understand what you mean, but the reality is quite different I think.

Quaghao,
you stated that this is somethig for future...
So I asume you developed this one for future,
so why then 50 kits minimal order,
I doubt you will get 50 people to order something they dont know
how it will perform.
I would be interested but why dont you offer only a PCB and the sabre chip soldered on it, we here are all diy people and like to tweak on our own. I dont need the extra I/V stuff and else...You should offer it in modular way.
This is just my opinion...

Hi!
it is all electronic components are soldered, which makes it very difficult for many people, and for the technical support from me.

You can get the IV or not,
I will calculate the number of participants, to be able to produce.
Thank you

isnt there enough ESS house of cards? doing it bare board with a design like this would cost significantly more to buy the parts yourself to fill it, so your dreaming if you think it would save money.

I understand what you mean, but the reality is quite different I think.

Hi!

I use almost all of the resistors VISHAY MMA0204, will be very good for this dac.

Attachments

• VISHAY MMA0204-1.jpg
    VISHAY MMA0204-1.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 752
  • VISHAY MMA0204-2.jpg
    VISHAY MMA0204-2.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 726
Hi!
it is all electronic components are soldered, which makes it very difficult for many people, and for the technical support from me.

You can get the IV or not,
I will calculate the number of participants, to be able to produce.
Thank you

Can you provide the price without IV?
That may generate more interest

Randy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.