bypassing the dac in Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Trileru is offline Trileru  Romania
diyAudio Member

Default bypassing the dac in Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000

Hi guys. I'm looking to turn my galaxy tab p1000 into a digital player for my music but I'd like to bypass the internal DAC. Do you know of any device that can do that? I think there may be a HDMI cable available for my device so I'd need something that takes the sound from hdmi and puts it in spdif type connexion. There may be some troubles with software issues when playing audio and hoping to get hdmi output thou. Anyway, just checking if anyone knows this. Thank you

p.s. found this docking station that has hdmi output.
http://www.expansys.com/samsung-desk...xy-tab-201993/
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:40 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I know there are HDMI boxes, that extract the audio and make it analogue, but you do not want it.

Maybe if you are technical enough, you can open these boxes, see what DAC they have inside, and remove it, and feed out the S/P DIF signal to your external DAC.

Hide this!Advertise here!