Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th August 2012, 02:24 AM   #1
weiyan is offline weiyan  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Default yintenet SD player

音特律音响|音特律SD卡播放器|wav、flac无损音乐播放 鱸高保真音乐播放器
Sorry for the website is Chinese only.

Its WAV, FLAC, MPW sd card player with CS4398 DAC. It cost around USD100.

It use single thread to read SD card.

Any idea about this product? What question should I ask the seller?

Last edited by weiyan; 24th August 2012 at 02:32 AM.
Old 24th August 2012, 02:46 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
I have one of those coming - probably today. It looked like a bargain to me, but I'll let you know when I've listened to it. The seller (on Taobao) mentioned that it doesn't play APE (which I don't care about anyway) and the FLAC support is 16bit. Having two SD card slots is also a great feature - means non-stop music
Old 24th August 2012, 05:42 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Hi I also have one coming my way straight from the factory. It does not play APE, only WAV/FLAC and an inferior format. It looks very promising. Build quality looks OK from the pictures. I have some doubts on some matters but I will wait and see. Communication is pleasant but one can remark that this product is mostly intended for the home market.

Make sure to buy the most recent version with firmware 2.09. This unit is updatable as it has a flash ROM. The units with 1.05 can not be updated and the have a different display. Menu can be changed to english and it is only available with aluminium front cover. No total black version available.

Last edited by jean-paul; 24th August 2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 24th August 2012, 05:49 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
I have mine hooked up to my desktop actives and playing now. For the money its great value, but the sound doesn't suit me - its turning the flute on one of my reference Mozart tracks half way into being a recorder. Typical digital sibilant sound - plenty of false detail. Not much depth to the soundstage either.

But the ergonomics work well - its responsive and does fade in and fade out when you change tracks, a nice touch. A great base for modding I reckon
Old 24th August 2012, 05:55 AM   #5

You are probably judging it a few minutes after you put the plug in. Give it some time. New electronics sound different after having been used for some hours. CS4398 is not a bad DAC at all. One of my doubts is the oscillator that has been used. Could you check what type it is ? For a few Euro you have nice low jitter XO's that perform very good.

Did you buy the version with OP2604 or with NE5532 ? This is the only option they offer

Last edited by jean-paul; 24th August 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 24th August 2012, 05:58 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Yep, fresh out of the plastic bag. But I won't be giving it (its analog outs) any time, its going to be used just as SPDIF transport for my DAC development for now, replacing my QA550 whose display I have trouble seeing with my deteriorating eyesight

<edit> OK - here's a caveat - the volume control works on the SPDIF output too, meaning there's a strong likelihood the digital out isn't going to be bit perfect. Will report back when I've tested this for sure.

Last edited by abraxalito; 24th August 2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 24th August 2012, 06:10 AM   #7

Hi I will not argue but I beg to differ:

- any electronic audio device needs time to break in. New audio stuff never sounds OK. I know many will debate this being rubbish but I think you will have a different opinion on the players sound quality tomorrow.

- for a true evaluation all outputs must be tested. It might have a better DAC and output stage than the one you currently use

- SPDIF is the worst way for connecting a new DAC to it as it has I2S inside....You can use a better DAC chip but it won't perform optimally when you will use SPDIF. This device maybe needs a new DAC board and I won't say any more

I know the trouble with the eye sight. I already need magnifiers and I recently bought a LED display desktop meter as LCD displays without backlight are too hard to read for me ....

Last edited by jean-paul; 24th August 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 24th August 2012, 06:13 AM   #8
weiyan is offline weiyan  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

There are DSPs tone control. Does the DSP process signal before DAC? The volume control can control both SPDIF out and audio out.

abraxalito: Have you try the tone control, to find out if it has effect even with external DAC?
Old 24th August 2012, 06:16 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Ah thanks - no, I haven't investigated any tone controls as the user manual was only supplied in (poorly photocopied) Chinese.

I see the remote has buttons for bass/treble but they didn't supply batteries so I'll have to go on an AAA cell hunt through my drawers...

<edit> Yes, the tone controls work on the digital output too. But oddly the treble has +7/-8 range, but bass is 00 - 15. I'm guessing flat for the bass corresponds to 08

Last edited by abraxalito; 24th August 2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 24th August 2012, 06:33 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
- for a true evaluation all outputs must be tested. It might have a better DAC and output stage than the one you currently use
Seeing as its intended to replace QA550 the DAC competition is no competition. As regards its output stage, I'll take that to mean digital output - its going to depend on whether I can hear the effect of the volume control or not. The QA550 I've previously verified as bit perfect but it has one niggly bug.

Quote:
- SPDIF is the worst way for connecting a new DAC to it as it has I2S inside....You can use a better DAC chip but it won't perform optimally when you will use SPDIF. This device maybe needs a new DAC board and I won't say any more
I wasn't planning to install a new internal DAC using SPDIF - that's for external. For internal, yes I2S would be the way to go.

Hide this!Advertise here!