cs43122 output stage - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2003, 11:03 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default cs43122 output stage

Look into the attachment. I found this somewhere on the Internet. Don't remember even where. This is the part of the whole DAC circuit based on 8420 and 43122. It's only output stage for 43122. What do you think ? Does anybody know that circuit ? I'm not quite familiar with that I assume R+ and R- are inputs and right under mosfets are outputs. Any comments ?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cs43122.jpg (20.1 KB, 389 views)
Old 22nd October 2003, 05:54 AM   #2
agent.5 is offline agent.5  United States
diyAudio Member

This schematic begins here in the digital forum, do a search using "cheap 24/96 dac" as keywords. However, I think a better output stage is using tubes, such as

http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~m....tml/dactop.htm

or use subminiature tubes. Click on the 6021W Tube Dac link below:

http://amps.zugster.net/projects/sub-mini/
Old 22nd October 2003, 07:35 AM   #3
johnrtd is offline johnrtd  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Default dac output

Although the schematic looks all right I would prefer a much higher supply voltage.
You may find an alternative in our MP-DAC at www.audio.nl

John
Old 22nd October 2003, 06:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default output

johnrtd

About what level of voltage are we talking here ? Do I need to do any modifications to the circuit then. My dacs output stages are mostly built on opamps but it's time to try something else/better. Did I correctly describe outputs and inputs in my first post. ?
Old 22nd October 2003, 07:16 PM   #5
jwb is offline jwb  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jwb
This is my schematic. You may freely reproduce it with attribution to me.

My drawing abilities are extremely bad of course, depite years of formal training. The terminals labelled AOUT[RL][+-] are the pins on the 43122 chip itself. R29-R31 and C33-C34 form a low-pass filter. The terminals labelled [RL][+-] are the resultant output voltages.

The circuit on the right is simply a MOSFET line driver with an active current source load. It presents a very easy load for the DAC and can drive difficult loads at the other end. Q2-Q5 are the cascoded current sources. Adjust R13 and R17 for more or less idle current. The rail voltage can be up to ± 24V, or even higher if you wish.

Connect your output wires to the MOSFET source pins.

You'll probably want to read this thread:
Cheap 24/96 DAC, Revision B.
Old 22nd October 2003, 07:28 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default output

Thanks a lot !!! I feel much better. Let's do it now.

Hide this!Advertise here!