cs43122 output stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Look into the attachment. I found this somewhere on the Internet. Don't remember even where. This is the part of the whole DAC circuit based on 8420 and 43122. It's only output stage for 43122. What do you think ? Does anybody know that circuit ? I'm not quite familiar with that I assume R+ and R- are inputs and right under mosfets are outputs. Any comments ?

:xeye:

Thanks

Attachments

• cs43122.jpg
    cs43122.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 423
Joined 2003
Paid Member
output

johnrtd

About what level of voltage are we talking here ? Do I need to do any modifications to the circuit then. My dacs output stages are mostly built on opamps but it's time to try something else/better. Did I correctly describe outputs and inputs in my first post. ? :(

This is my schematic. You may freely reproduce it with attribution to me.

My drawing abilities are extremely bad of course, depite years of formal training. The terminals labelled AOUT[RL][+-] are the pins on the 43122 chip itself. R29-R31 and C33-C34 form a low-pass filter. The terminals labelled [RL][+-] are the resultant output voltages.

The circuit on the right is simply a MOSFET line driver with an active current source load. It presents a very easy load for the DAC and can drive difficult loads at the other end. Q2-Q5 are the cascoded current sources. Adjust R13 and R17 for more or less idle current. The rail voltage can be up to ± 24V, or even higher if you wish.

Connect your output wires to the MOSFET source pins.

You'll probably want to read this thread:
Cheap 24/96 DAC, Revision B.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.