Question for Member from Singapore CM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, am also from Singapore, read your posting about the CDM 12.1, would like to learn more about it as I've got a busted CDM 9pro. The problems with the turntable as its warped, I've been to the usual Sim Lim Tower and they don't sell the part or the whole cdm. Is there anyway to replace the turmtable or the CDM, or can I get in touch with you.

Cheers
Alvin

CDM12.1 spares.

Hi Alvin,
The CDM 12.1 spare laser assembly is freely available in our local spares market. So it must be available freely in Singapore also. The unit seems to be coming from China . The text on the cover is in English and Chinese. It costs less than S$20/-. I am not sure of the current price. I bought one over 6 months ago.
It is very easy to replace. No electrical adjustments are required.
Cheers.
The pic is too big . I will attach it to the next post.

CDM12.1 spares picture

The picture is attached.

Attachments

• cdm.jpg
    cdm.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 387
For off the shelf hifi, try the Adelphi and several other shops at Bukit Timah shopping centre. If you want components, go to Sim Lim Tower. I got some TDA1543 and TDA1543A for 1 Euro each there. Sim Lim Square is better for computers and computer parts. And yes, they rip you off if you are a foreigner. Guido, you need to get your friends from Toa Payoh to bring you around.

ashok,

I will be visiting sing dec 1-4.

i am intersted in building a valve amp (have never built one)

other than valves anything i'd need to import. I wont be able to import a tranny as it is too heavy and i got a wife and 18 month old in tow but i can get a PCB or toher lighter components.

what amp design would you recomend?

my requirements is for a amp to drive a 6" 2way sens about 87-90db in a 300 sq. ft. rooom to about 95db levels at 2 meters (6 feet). budget for valves is about S$300 (USD 200). is this adequte. I expect I can import 4-6 valves before attracting customs or irritating my wife.

i assume a 20-25W design would do the job.

I dun think you can get a tube kit here in Singapore...unless you are talking about the Velleman kits...which are available..but at a price though..I'm not so sure where else to get tubes in Singapore...other than Burlington SQ...there are some shops that sell them in Sim Lim Tower though...check out the speaker repair shop on the top floor (retail shops...not the office buildings)...he has a range of amps that he uses...but are only on display...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.