CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good ? - Page 42 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2013, 01:43 AM   #411
tdtsai is offline tdtsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Hi
The tool of firmware update tool you use is for ASUS not for C-Media product. You need use C-Media provided firmware update tool. You need to erase old firmware then unplug-plug. Choose device VID_0d8c&PID_5200 to update new firmware in to it.
Please reference CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit13 View Post
Today, I received the CM6631A board, and it works fine. Unfortunately, your tool doesn't work for me. I get a "Firmware file Format Error" when I try to upload a generated firmware hex file to the board. (via ASUS Xonar Essence One USB FW Update Tool)

Most settings can be seen here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...tings_fail.png

the board is: eBay item 370851652075

driver is "U6631_6631A-120716-7.0.11.80(W7-ER-01)" by C-Media (Emotiva_XDA-2_Unified_Windows_USB_Driver_2012_12_12)

what update tool and driver should I use?

Last edited by tdtsai; 8th October 2013 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Add information
Old 8th October 2013, 03:45 PM   #412
emueyes is offline emueyes  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi,
I still don't get what you are aiming at. What should the system in the end do? Stream music to the Denon receiver, and being controlled via a website / controll app? Just a stand-alone PC.
I want an ARM board running Linux to act as a music server. It would ideally be runinng XBMC. All that's controlled by a PC running Win 7 atm, the only reason to upgrade it the enery saving in one of these < 10W boards.

Getting Audio of any quality from these boards is a problem, in terms of hardware and software and hardware. So, I thought a USB -> S/PDIF converter would be great; the USB signal can go through the USB S/PDIF box, then to the Denon over coax.

This is music - only, videos follow a slightly different path.

The comment that ARM boards have inferior USB is a bit of a worry to me, as audio over HDMI doesn't seem to be an options either.

And I've found the Andorid app 'Yatse' to be exceptional as a control for a machine running XBMC, I must have tried them all by now, it's the best of them.
Old 9th October 2013, 07:54 AM   #413
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emueyes View Post
The comment that ARM boards have inferior USB is a bit of a worry to me, as audio over HDMI doesn't seem to be an options either.
USB being bad is a Raspberry Pi specific problem, not for all ARM boards. And why is HDMI no option? Because the HDMI of the Raspberry Pi is perfectly implemented.
Old 9th October 2013, 07:37 PM   #414
diyAudio Member

Check out Wandboard..

Quote:
USB being bad is a Raspberry Pi specific problem, not for all ARM boards. And why is HDMI no option? Because the HDMI of the Raspberry Pi is perfectly implemented.
Old 15th October 2013, 12:45 PM   #415
diyAudio Member

Wrong post. Sorry.

Last edited by gogowatch; 15th October 2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: wrong post
Old 17th October 2013, 04:43 PM   #416
diyAudio Member

Default drive cm6632a

Quote:
Originally Posted by azyx View Post
CM6631 Datasheet
you have driver cm6632a !
Old 1st November 2013, 10:46 AM   #417
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ionutzxpo
HI guys , I have 2 USB DAC from ebay one with CM6631+CS4398 and one CS6631A+CS4398,and i have a huge problem with both of them
when i try to play 24bit or 16bit -192khz audio i get a huge POP and then piuu hurrr carrrrr in my speaker,can someone help me? the seller from ebay told me that i have problems with my operating sistem ,but i gues that he said that to get rid of me,because i tried both of dacs on different sistems and both of them do the same problem.
Old 1st November 2013, 11:00 AM   #418
uncola is offline uncola  United States
diyAudio Member

I also have a faulty cm6631a+cs4398, the weiliang design.. I got it on ebay from best-sell.. the headphone out has massive static above 70% volume and the rca out has a problem in high frequencies.. I'd try to get my money back if I were you. what was the name of the seller you bought from? I think there's an official store you can buy weiliang dacs from Enjoy in your hi-fi project, diy tube amp, amplifier diy, amp diy
Old 1st November 2013, 11:09 AM   #419
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ionutzxpo
i would like to get the configuration tools from tdtsai to generate a new firmware for them ,and then see if they are doing the same problem
Old 1st November 2013, 01:33 PM   #420
wklie is offline wklie  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutzxpo View Post
HI guys , I have 2 USB DAC from ebay one with CM6631+CS4398 and one CS6631A+CS4398,and i have a huge problem with both of them
when i try to play 24bit or 16bit -192khz audio i get a huge POP and then piuu hurrr carrrrr in my speaker,can someone help me? the seller from ebay told me that i have problems with my operating sistem..
Not sure this helps, but I suggest you try all three methods of playback: ASIO, WASAPI, DirectSound. I guess operating system could make a difference, since I read reports of different POP-sound behaviors of different versions of Asus drivers on different Windows for Asus Xonar Essence One.

I read 46 feedbacks of PD04 CM6631+CS4398 unit from Weiliang's taobao shop. 3 of them says they experience pop sound. 1 of those 3 says he solved it by changing the USB cable.

Last edited by wklie; 1st November 2013 at 01:42 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!