CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good ? - Page 35 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2013, 05:37 PM   #341
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wklie View Post
DC 5V
Thank you. However, it do not work with external power supply either. This makes me very confused. I just cant figure out what thr problem is. It works without any problem at all with the externa power supply under Windows. I guess this means it is a MAC OSX problem. I have mostly used Windows over the years. Ironic. All my friends using Apple tells me everything works so easy with the MAC.
Old 15th May 2013, 05:44 PM   #342
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earbound View Post
All my friends using Apple tells me everything works so easy with the MAC.
Yeah, IF all your hardware has that little fruit symbol on their cases... Anything else - not so easy anymore. I'm writing this on my macbook wich I frequently use alongside as my linux desktop machine. I even use windows sometimes but ONLY to play computer games nowadays. All OS:es have their goods and bads but the only system I actually like is linux (win XP was fantastic, and in a way still is but there is no future in that...).
Old 16th May 2013, 06:07 AM   #343
Peterma is offline Peterma  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default cm6631A SPDIF Input

Hi just a question about the cm6631a pin outs 39 Ground and 40 xspdifi_0 could i wire this for rca SPDIF? as well as usb input, it would be good at the times you wanted to connect non_ usb devices.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:47 AM   #344
diyAudio Member

Well, it was not my intention to start an Windows vs OSX discussion. I just would like to know why my CM6631A donīt work with my MAC mini. Apple did some changes to the audio-system with Lion and Mountain lion I think. Integer mode was not possible for example. Do the CM6631A work for you out there using Mountain Lion?

I can also mention, that to begin with everything worked great with Windows 7, but now there from time to time is a very bright, sharp distorted sound in the higher frequencies. It continues for about 10 to 15 seconds, then it disappear, but comes back after a while. I have tried WASPI and ASIO4ALL, but it makes no difference.

Last edited by Earbound; 16th May 2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 16th May 2013, 02:48 PM   #345
wklie is offline wklie  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I can also mention, that to begin with everything worked great with Windows 7, but now there from time to time is a very bright, sharp distorted sound in the higher frequencies. It continues for about 10 to 15 seconds, then it disappear, but comes back after a while. I have tried WASPI and ASIO4ALL, but it makes no difference.
1. Use DPC Latency Checker to find out which driver is slowing down your Windows 7.

2. Increase buffers.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:27 PM   #346
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wklie View Post
1. Use DPC Latency Checker to find out which driver is slowing down your Windows 7.

2. Increase buffers.
Tried DPC latency checker but it says there is no problem. And increasing the buffer didnīt help either. I wonder if it could be a hardware problem, ie if my CM6631A is broken. I wrote to HiFiWow, but no answer from them.
Old 17th May 2013, 12:13 PM   #347
wklie is offline wklie  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Tried DPC latency checker but it says there is no problem. And increasing the buffer didnīt help either. I wonder if it could be a hardware problem, ie if my CM6631A is broken. I wrote to HiFiWow, but no answer from them.
Try a different USB port, preferably one at the back of the PC, and USB 2.0 instead of 3.0. Also try another, preferably shorter, shielded USB cable with a magnet ring. Make sure all non-essential tasks are closed, leaving foobar as the only program running. Also disable anti-virus.
Old 18th May 2013, 08:20 PM   #348
diyAudio Member

Curious what everyone thinks the 'ideal' CM6631A based board should support. Clocks/regulators/isolation/Toslink/SPDIF etc.

George
Old 24th May 2013, 08:22 AM   #349
mudlark is offline mudlark  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default 6631 optical output

Hi, I have a board which has it's own 12 volt supply, but seems to need the sub connected.

I have tried the device with windows 7 and it works, but only if the device is plugged in before booting.

On my linux machine the optical port flashes a couple of times but then goes out.

Sometimes it starts OK with the usb connected to a powered usb hub, but when I disconnect the hub the optical output stops.

Does anyone have any ideas, such as a USB2 y cable?
Cheers,

Mike.
Old 25th May 2013, 05:25 PM   #350
f2a is offline f2a  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone , i have the same board like the one at Post #12 .With the original FW the RCA and I2s output works but in I2s i hear only the left side in all resulutions. I tried the circuit from post #6 Left-justified I2S to Philips I2S Converter , i hear now on the left and right side with much noise ... My DAC use in original a PCM2706 with Philips I2s output . The DAC accept max 24Bit/174MHz . In 16Bit/44.1Mhz to 32Bit/192kHz is no change . Has anybody a idea ? I'm a little Rookey in electronics, but i can built everything ;-) Can anybody say me why the I2s output from the CM6631 is different like the one from the PCM2706 then i use the same resulution (16/44.1) ? Is I2s not the same? Thank you for a Little help and sorry for My BAD english :-) Have a nice day :-)

Hide this!Advertise here!