CM6631 usb audio interface .... any good?

I'd choose the ES9018 I suggested above.

Use a good power supply for both boards. Try not to use internal USB supplies.

You mean ES9018K2M, not ES9018 that costs 55$ only the chip!!

i can't find designs of ES9018K2M and the datasheet is empty
http://popcornhour.hu/media/news/a-500_pro/es9018k2m.pdf
Where can i find the chip itself?

How about the board below?
ES9018K2M XMOS DSD DXD 384kHz USB DAC with Bit-perfect volume control and SPDIF input - DIYINHK
usb-dsd-dxd-384khz-dac-with-bit-perfect-volume-control-and-spdif-inputxmoses9018k2m.jpg

Last edited:
DIYinHK makes good PCBs/Kits for the money. The design is much better than the cheaper (ready assembled) ES9018K2M DACs seen on ebay. It offers some hardware-hacking options, too, like separate analogue regulator ports for L and R, and access to control registers via I2C.

This board also allows you to use the ES9018K2M hardware volume control (you need to add a microcontroller or Arduino to use it). The cheap ebay DACs do not appear to give a connector for I2C, so no access to the hardware volume -- beware!

The ES9018K2M is a much better DAC than the ES9023 (etc). It includes the mighty ES9018 modulator and DSP functions.

DIYinHK makes good PCBs/Kits for the money. The design is much better than the cheaper (ready assembled) ES9018K2M DACs seen on ebay. It offers some hardware-hacking options, too, like separate analogue regulator ports for L and R, and access to control registers via I2C.

This board also allows you to use the ES9018K2M hardware volume control (you need to add a microcontroller or Arduino to use it). The cheap ebay DACs do not appear to give a connector for I2C, so no access to the hardware volume -- beware!

The ES9018K2M is a much better DAC than the ES9023 (etc). It includes the mighty ES9018 modulator and DSP functions.

The DIYinHKit's board seems to be one-way solution. Isn't it?
So to be the project completed only a well stabilized supply is missing

Rod's comments are quite correct, particularly on that ES9018K2M board available on eBay, or not going the ES9023 path.

Perhaps there's someone on this forum that tried the ES9018K2M ebay board, and can comment on the results. I would love to hear them too. There's very little or no information on how to control the whole thing using that board, like volume, settings, etc.

OTOS the DIYinHK Kit will need other parts to work as it should, and would probably make your USB board unnecessary, as you should have to get DIYinHK's, which is much better. Price for kit is quite a deal too.

ES9018K2M XMOS DSD DXD 384kHz USB DAC with Bit-perfect volume control and SPDIF input - DIYINHK

Being able to use external linear supplies is very good too, sound quality wise. Of course that might increase the final cost, but it all depends on how much you want to spend.

Pity your USB board's manufacturer does not offer any DAC to mate it with. That should be the best option.

DIYinHKit says:

*The single ES9018K2M DAC PCB can be used individually with only 3 wire I2S signal connected from Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black, cm6631a, amanero etc.

I think they will combined nicely!
Also i believe that power supply is the half of quality of every device analog or not
Thanks both for your help

What does than mean in 10 years will be obsolete?

Regulators don't go obsolete: as long as specs are good, or better than others, that's what's important.

Even if a better one is released 5 years from now, or three, that doesn't make others obsolete.

I suppose i didn't use the correct word, my wrong
I mean out of production not antique!! It have happened twice that, i couldnt find a specific switch mode LT regulator on production

What if i use all power supplies floating? Away from common ground
Will that helps somehow?