Using the new 2012 Shigaclone to create a killer high end transport - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 02:50 PM   #141
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
I guess I was confused between this one and what the user in Post #129 did. Did his testing occur before the offering shown in your link?
Tony,

The puck presented here Using the new 2012 Shigaclone to create a killer high end transport was reviewed by customer here Using the new 2012 Shigaclone to create a killer high end transport

This is the last CD puck I made and I think that his shape, height and finish is good enough to be compared with the best ones.
As Im a perfectionist, there will be always a better next one.

Hope Im clear now.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by tvicol; 22nd March 2013 at 02:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 03:48 PM   #142
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Default PS combination

Tibi, is this power supply combination possible?

Separate +5V feed for the clock
Rest of the PCB fed from the main +8V power supply board
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 03:55 PM   #143
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
Tibi, is this power supply combination possible?

Separate +5V feed for the clock
Rest of the PCB fed from the main +8V power supply board
Yep. It is possible and very recommended.

Regards,
Tibi
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 04:14 PM   #144
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ste-Agathe des Monts
Hi Tibi,
Thank you for the very generous offer for the new puck.
I just forwarded you a payment with Paypall as requested, but I could not put a note, this was for the new puck.
So I needed to inform you.
Thank you truly,

Jean-Charles
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 05:53 PM   #145
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Yep. It is possible and very recommended.

Regards,
Tibi
How would one do this? I looked at the schematic and couldn't see which bead(s) to remove to make a separate +5V for the clock but keep the rest of the voltage feed intact.

Is a separate +5V for the clock significantly better than a +8V feeding the mechanism only, and separate +5V for the rest of the board (including clock)? In all cases the +8V and +5V would be fed by separate transformers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 06:03 PM   #146
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Yep. It is possible and very recommended.

Regards,
Tibi
How would one do this? I looked at the schematic and couldn't see which bead(s) to remove to make a separate +5V for the clock but keep the rest of the voltage feed intact.

Is a separate +5V for the clock significantly better than a +8V feeding the mechanism only, and separate +5V for the rest of the board (including clock)? In all cases the +8V and +5V would be fed by separate transformers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 06:27 PM   #147
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Charles View Post
Hi Tibi,
Thank you for the very generous offer for the new puck.
I just forwarded you a payment with Paypall as requested, but I could not put a note, this was for the new puck.
So I needed to inform you.
Thank you truly,

Jean-Charles
Thank You, Jean-Charles !

Regards,
Tibi
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 06:47 PM   #148
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
tvicol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucharest
Send a message via Yahoo to tvicol Send a message via Skype™ to tvicol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
How would one do this? I looked at the schematic and couldn't see which bead(s) to remove to make a separate +5V for the clock but keep the rest of the voltage feed intact.

Is a separate +5V for the clock significantly better than a +8V feeding the mechanism only, and separate +5V for the rest of the board (including clock)? In all cases the +8V and +5V would be fed by separate transformers.
Remove L8 and use L8 PCB pad to feed +5V directly to oscillator can.

Try one by one. First power clock from a separate PS, than feed laser and ASP section with a better PS. Later on you can try also separate 8V for servo and 5V for DSP.
There are other many combinations and is up to you to try them all.

Regards,
Tibi
  Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 06:52 PM   #149
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Remove L8 and use L8 PCB pad to feed +5V directly to oscillator can.

Try one by one. First power clock from a separate PS, than feed laser and ASP section with a better PS. Later on you can try also separate 8V for servo and 5V for DSP.
There are other many combinations and is up to you to try them all.

Regards,
Tibi
You're no help!

I'm hoping that for my first attempt, separating out the 8V for the transport/servo and feeding the DSP and clock from the same 5V would be a better solution. I'm thinking getting anything having to do with the servo and motors away from the digital audio circuits is probably the best first step.
  Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 02:57 AM   #150
pchw is offline pchw  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fremont, California
A few tweaks to try out tonight (see the pic):
- Split PS.
- Pucks with different damping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC07952.jpg (357.7 KB, 204 views)
__________________
- Fred -
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shigaclone transport Gallery bernhardn Digital Source 17 18th August 2014 04:36 PM
JVC RC-EZ51 for SHIGACLONE High End Player MBA Swap Meet 0 4th March 2012 07:32 AM
WTB: Shigaclone CD transport mgf Swap Meet 1 4th June 2011 04:25 PM
shigaclone transport merlin2069er Swap Meet 3 28th March 2011 04:43 PM
shigaclone cd transport for sale patriz Swap Meet 2 23rd April 2008 02:59 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:11 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2