What would you do next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Arcam Alpha 7 and a modded Sony SCD-777ES. I don't care too much about SACD so that isn't such a big deal.
I want to do something with either of these machines.
The Arcam is completely stock. The Sony was modded by Matthew Anker at www.sacdmods.com. It has an LC Audio Superclock, some rectifier diodes, some blackgates in various places and the left and right RCAs are replaced. I added an 826 op amp in place of the NJM2114 also. I put a socket in so that I can play around with pin compatible op amps.
There is a recommendation on his site for an additional mod adding a toroidal transformer for the audio stage which I was thinking about trying.
I am not looking for anything in particular except to improve the sound I currently have.
I am currently listening to the Arcam with a kit DAC based on the 1541 chip. The Sony only has Toslink out so I haven't been able to try it out with the DAC.
I know it is fairly wide open but if anyone has any recommendations, I would love to hear them.
Thanks, Neil.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.