Marantz SA-11S2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a few not to good images. You can't see all of the work that has been done. There is a lot under the mech on the servo board.

The largest capacitor is a Mundorf AG 25V 47000uF before the servo 5v reg measuring 52 x 35 :D They don't look big in the pics as the player itself is fairly chunky.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Brent

It is better in most areas. Not by a lot though.

The treble detail is pretty much the same (the 63 was very very good here). Bass is more extended, midrange a little more open. The best improvements are to the imaging and the voicing of some instruments where they sound pretty much spot on to the original instrument.

The player is still running in so I expect more improvements over the next week or so and then in august I should get my delivery of the oscillators and i'll clock both the sacd and cd. Adding a dedicated psu for both of course ;)

Brent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.