"Best" local oscillator regulator? - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd October 2012, 02:06 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinnj View Post
Edit: A123 went bankrupt 3 weeks ago -- with guess who as their largest creditor.

Wow. I looked just weeks ago at their finances, because I knew they had been on rocky ground earlier in the year, must have been only days before that announcement.

That is bad news for battery tech r & d for the elec vehicle and solar industries. Oh, and the audiophile customers too :/
Old 23rd October 2012, 02:22 PM   #42
diyAudio Member

A123's assets were sold to Johnson Controls as part of the Chapter 11 process -- JCI is a fine US company.

I found a vendor, so will get a 4-pack. The Zout seems to be 8 milli-Ohms for the ANR26650M1A.
Old 23rd October 2012, 02:56 PM   #43
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

i'm aware of the sale, but it hasnt stopped production or sales. seriously mate, do NOT trust online sellers, there is only 1 or 2 legit resellers/distributors of this product, but a LOT of greymarket that appear legit, unless the particular sellers cells have been verified independently, dont waste your money. i'll PM you a supplier
Old 23rd October 2012, 04:40 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

A123 says on their site that they are NOT selling any cells and that they have suspended all of their RC products. I'm gonna guess that there are some left-over RC cells.
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:16 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinnj View Post
A123 says on their site that they are NOT selling any cells and that they have suspended all of their RC products. I'm gonna guess that there are some left-over RC cells.
exactly, they dont and havent sold single cells for a long time. the link I sent you by PM is a legit distributor who makes EV fuel cells and kits as well as running an electric high speed motobike team, he still has stock and will continue to have stock. i'm not talking about RC products, those and stupid user error along with fake cells have been a massive headache for A123 and a big part of why we cant get cells more easily

RC is the largest fake cell market, I wouldnt touch them and there are numerous websites all over the world claiming to have A123 cells. please dont tell me you went to http://www.a123rc.com/ ? its bogus click the 'return policy' link down the bottom, just goes back to the home page, as do all of those links, like 'contact us' and a hotmail email account for something like this? hmmm

Last edited by qusp; 23rd October 2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:43 PM   #46
BFNY is offline BFNY  United States
diyAudio Member

In answer to the original question, here's a directly related application note by a person who builds and sells low jitter oscillators, Wenzel Associates.
He presents real data at the end, showing before and after noise levels.

Finesse Voltage Regulator Noise!

Bob
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:35 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFNY View Post
In answer to the original question, here's a directly related application note by a person who builds and sells low jitter oscillators, Wenzel Associates.
He presents real data at the end, showing before and after noise levels.

Finesse Voltage Regulator Noise!

Bob
Close, but no cigar:
Attached Images
File Type: gif NoiseComparison.gif (61.5 KB, 161 views)
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:54 PM   #48
zinsula is offline zinsula  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

I'd recommend this one from Demian Martin.
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:27 PM   #49
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinsula View Post
x2

there is also a version of this circuit with an integrated clock and floating transformer coupled output.

these are actually based on the wenzel circuit, but with higher performance. the reg in the Max6126 application note gets a vote from me too at 6nV/Hz basically a flea with a follower and a lower noise reference to start with

Last edited by qusp; 23rd October 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 25th October 2012, 04:00 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinsula View Post
Just note that the filtering of this TL431 based 3.3V regulator (R11,C7) reduces the loop gain of the TL431's amplifier.

The TI Model for the TL431 doesn't include the reactive components. Basso built a model which comports to reality:

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!