mod sony ns755 dvd player help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
Anyone mod a sony ns755 dvd player? ns715 or ns500 I heard they have similar board layout. I just want to upgrade the L/R channel output capacitors and the digital coax output capacitor maybe to blackgate or panasonic (yeah im broke). Also anyone upgrade the power supply capacitors with better ones? How much improvement can you gain from that? any recommendations?

does anyone know which capacitors to replace for the L/R? or how to find them? need a starting point. i got my solder iron and wbt solder ready? nope, i dont have the service manual for that player. there are 8+ capacitors on the daughter output board. humm... where to start? thanks again

upgrade88 said:
does anyone know which capacitors to replace for the L/R? or how to find them? need a starting point. i got my solder iron and wbt solder ready? nope, i dont have the service manual for that player. there are 8+ capacitors on the daughter output board. humm... where to start? thanks again

For the stereo L/R outputs, replace C247 and C248 with
Black Gate 6.3V 47uF NX-HiQ caps (or another cap of your choice).
While these are non-polarized, I'd still use the same +/- convention as the stock caps when installing.

Good luck,

Vinnie

Vinnie R. said:

For the stereo L/R outputs, replace C247 and C248 with
Black Gate 6.3V 47uF NX-HiQ caps (or another cap of your choice).
While these are non-polarized, I'd still use the same +/- convention as the stock caps when installing.

Good luck,

Vinnie

I forgot to mention, C247 and C248 apply the the NS500V,
but I'm not sure about your player. Use a DMM to beep out the trace and make sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.