Cs8412

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is your intention?

Upgrading sound quality? Then a change of the receiver chip alone won't help. Changing the frontend to a ASRC fed from a local low-jitter clock can improve things as well as reclocking near the DAC chips.

If all you need is 96/24 compatibility, the CS8414 will work as a pin-compatible replacement, and, depending on the application (schematic?), if you're lucky you won't have to modify anything else.

AMT-freak said:
What is your intention?

Upgrading sound quality? Then a change of the receiver chip alone won't help. Changing the frontend to a ASRC fed from a local low-jitter clock can improve things as well as reclocking near the DAC chips.

If all you need is 96/24 compatibility, the CS8414 will work as a pin-compatible replacement, and, depending on the application (schematic?), if you're lucky you won't have to modify anything else.

My intension is only to replace a CS8412 inside a DAC,but i can not find a 8412 at Crystal Inc only 8414.

ManUtd.

A'af said:
What do you mean manutd, upgrade with the same chip doesn't result anything, if you wanna make difference try give that chip a better power supply and wanna make a little extereme, power your DAC with battery, make a big leap change.:eek:

Reason why i say "upgrade" is because CS8412 is defective
and then i thought it could be upgraded at same time.

ManUtd.

Which type of cap for 8412 loopfilter

I have been looking at the loopfilter of the CS8412- Currently I am using the Wildmonkeysects arrangement- 3300pF between filt and Agnd, 220nF and 470R in parallel to the 3300pF cap.

I am using polyesters in my lash-up, but wonder if I could do better...

My problem is finding suitable small quality capacitors in these sizes:

Ceramic- Small but microphonic?

Polypropylene- too big, hence too inductive?

Polyester - too lossy at?

Which do I choose?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.