Free samples

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: Re: Re: Free samples

Matttcattt said:

free though? do you have to pay for the postage?

All free samples, with paid shipping, sometimes overnighted from Singapore or some exotic place. I would recommend for students to order samples, but if you have a real job, making real money, and using them for personal projects, purchasing might be a better idea, as if too many people order samples... companies might stop being so generous. National used to be much better, but over the last 6 months, got much stricter on their sample programs... basically around the same time as the gainclone trend picked up. Coincidence? I don't think so. I see no reason why someone spending a couple of hundred to build a gainclone for themselves can't afford an extra $10 for a pair of lm3875 chips.

Also, I like to order samples of stuff I actually tend to use for prototyping. I also give away stuff to friends who have a need for it.

--
Brian

yeah..and it takes about 1 business day to ship locally for national..On Semi is a bit slower...but they offer more parts...so I can't really complain.TI ships by UPS WorldWide..so you have a limit per 6 months or something like that...Maxim...I tried once..but got nothing...wonder why....even calling their local office doesn't help me alot...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.