Philips CDM's and servicenrs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mmm,

I know how to program microcontrollers (check my www below),
however your proposal sounds too difficult (for me).

Since i have some nice players and enough (cdm4) spare transports i'll stick to those! My DAC is still not ready and i still would like to build an amp.

Speaking of that: anyone with the manual for Marantz CD50/60/52/62 ??? I need info on the controller part, since the display on my cd60 is acting funny.

Maybe someday i'll be lucky and find a dead one with cdm3.

Did a test day before yesterday with
- 650 with dual tda1541 dac
- kenwood 24 bit d.r.i.v.e. player (400 euro machine) 1998(?)
- fixed b&o cd-x 14 bit philips based machine 1985

My dac was fine, but we heared the non-os effect in the hights.
Need filter and output buffer. Kenwood and B&O were standard. The B&O was best.....! The guy owning the kenwood was not amused :->

Bedankt,
GuidoB

Prometheus said:
Hi Guido,

Are tiy referring to the Kenwood DP 7090 CD player? It's black and rather substantially built.

How does it compare to the CD 650 from Philips?

Thanks

Don't know the typenumber, it's not my machine. I think it is not the top of the line model, but somewhere inbetween. From the inside, it looked like the standard pcb for the cheaper models with a separate small pcb for the 24 bit drive dac. Mucho logic gates '04 after the DAC output btw. Then loads of opamps......

My 650 is not original anymore, so i cannot tell you. It's being rebuild with a 2*TDA1541A DAC with one for each channel.
Also differential output, resistor I/V and then a amplimo transformer to pick up the signal (the one thorsten used in the adagio). From there i have to continue, e.g. by building the adagio's tube output. But for now, i just had the outputs of the transformer directly connected to the amp.

Signallevel is then too low and the hights are dropping too fast, due to NOS. So more work needs to be done, but i am on the right track. (still using 650 PS, so even more work..)

What we did hear was that the B&O (old 14bit philips inside, no mods) was better than the kenwood..

GuidoB

CDM1 disassembly

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the best place toask this but:
I have a Revox b226 which I believe contains the CDM1 mechanism.
The spindle motor is rather sluggish, although no audio problems yet.
I want to clean out the spindle shaft bearings/bush, so
How easy is it to get the spindle shaft out for cleaning? What order do I take it apart (from the bottom or from the top?)?
Are there any special things to watch out for that might make reaasembly difficult or impossible?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.