adat to parallel/usb/pci ANYTHING

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so, i have an adat machine. the tape carriage doesnt work and i dont want to fix it because i could buy a working used one with less hours for the price of servicing this one. anyway. i was wanting to use the balanced ins on the back (db25) straight from my mixer to take advantage of the decent adc's. so, i want to take the optical out (adat light pipe obviously) and somehow, cheaply, get it into my computer via almost any peripheral. does anyone know offhand where i could either buy an extremely cheap solution or even where i can find the adat protocol data to build my own interface. i can make very decent (rf quality) pcbs so if i could find enough data i could definitely build one, but my search has been fruitless so far. any ideas anyone?

is adat to spdif a good solution? i dont know how much cheap but effective spdif in cards are, but it was just a thought.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.