KSM-213QCS - Spindle metal insert?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have a couple of american audio radius 1000's that both needed a new laser, found out that they used the sony KSM-213qcs so i got a couple, all good apart from 1 little problem that i have run into,

in the top of the spindle (the cd turntable) there is a metal insert that allows the magnet to clamp to it once the cd is loaded and keeps it in place.

one of these i have reused from the old assembly but one of them i cant get out... anyone know where i can get a replacement?? what would it be called? see photos for reference:-

Cheers
Dazzler

Attachments

• ksm213qcs insert.JPG
    ksm213qcs insert.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 150
  • ksmqcs noinsert.JPG
    ksmqcs noinsert.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 142
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If the old mech is scrap have you tried heating the spindle to see if it will pull off, or heating the insert itself ?

In all the many hundreds of similar mechs I have worked on I have never seen that part before but if it is metal it will withstand heat and should detach.

Sorry dazzler, English is not my native language... I meant: take out the complete spindle motor (that has the metal part) from your old CD player mechanism. Then build it into the new CD mechanism that you purchased. The laser might have been deteriorated, but the spindle motor should be good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.