Marantz CD6000OSE needs a tap.. - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2012, 08:02 PM   #21
Puffin is offline Puffin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
Playing Erykah Badu is a risky business whichever way you look at it

Rob
Old 17th June 2012, 08:43 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

It woulod seem guys this component is not atr fault at all, I have been tap tap tapping away and now it looks to either be the main board or the board with the two copper plates on top, I shall investigate firther and report back.
The new CD player is working a treat so far and for 20 it's a bargain anyway, the remote is worth more than I paid for the entire unit.
Old 18th June 2012, 07:15 AM   #23
Mooly is online now Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Check for any obvious poor joints or cracks around the output sockets. The fact it is one channel only affected points to it being something in the last "few percent" of the circuitry.
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:44 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

I think I have traced it. It started happening in both channels, sometimes at the same time sometimes not.

At the back of the CDP is a board with two copper boxes on and I think 8 transistors, 4 for each box. This board is situated ontop of small metal rods I suppose is the best way to describe it. I think the signal is carried through these metal connections, the board had lifted slightly off its seating.
It looks like it has happened before as it has been glued down in the past with what looks like mastic or some kind of silicone sealant.

I have had a look at the OSE model and the board in there sits a lot lower and has no glue.

I reseated the board and it seems to be working fine. I was surprised to see such a pants designe in a player like this, really poor. But I guess it seems to work.

This is the board in question in the OSE LE..

Click the image to open in full size.

And this is the same board in just the OSE Version.

You can see the connections that connect this board to the main board below.

Hopefully this has fixed it but I cannot help wondering what a poor way of connecing two boards together this must be.
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:48 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

I have tried to show the height difference between the two connections on each board.

OSE.LE.

OSE.

Old 23rd June 2012, 06:57 AM   #26
Mooly is online now Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

That sounds promising. Those "metal rods" are conductors for various voltage rails and grounds and signals and so if the board wasn't seated correctly then it would give all sorts of problems. Although it seems a poor way in reality it's the most direct and better than a plug/socket and wire combination.

Hide this!Advertise here!