Help identifying a transformer for a fw1082 power board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i recently purchased a tascam fw1082. i got it cheap because it has a problem with its power board. the power board has an obnoxious whine coming from it. i replaced the wall outlet power supply and i replaced a capacitor that looked pretty questionable. after testing it i noticed that the noise was still present so i tried to identify exactly where the sound came from and i found that it is coming from a transformer.
anyway, this is where i basically sit. i pulled the transformer from the board and have had no luck looking for an appropriate replacement. it has numbers on top of it but im not sure if they are the model or rating or what :confused:. the number on top is

kt -4602
ec01 kcr0437

as i understand it, this is a common problem in this interface. any help would be appreciated.

I'm currently in the process of elimination with this too. I replaced two caps, and the external power supply which helped a little, but no dice yet. I just ordered a replacement for every other capacitor since they're so cheap. This is the first I've seen on a transformer, what got your determination for that? The buzz I have oscillates, so I don't think that has anything to do with a transformer for me. Bad transformers should technically only hum or buzz at a consistent tone. Capacitors have ripple in the current which would cause oscillation. Couldn't see your pic but I will follow up with pics of what I've replaced as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.