WEILIANG DAC5 - WM8741 & Tenor TE7022

DAC5 v1.9 schematic

Hi Mr. Weiliang

I bought on ebay my second DAC5... great and very good sound!

please can you send me by email the DAC5 v1.9 schematic?

I would try some mods on wm8741 digital filter, other hardware selectable options and a different output stage (tube output) but without schematics is a little bit difficult...
it's only for personal use.

my email c.orsettigh@alice.it

Thanks a lot!
Carlo

Hi Mr. Weiliang

I bought on ebay my second DAC5... great and very good sound!

please can you send me by email the DAC5 v1.9 schematic?

I would try some mods on wm8741 digital filter, other hardware selectable options and a different output stage (tube output) but without schematics is a little bit difficult...
it's only for personal use.

my email c.orsettigh@alice.it

Thanks a lot!
Carlo

Hi Carlo,
sorry for my late reply, I did not log diyaudio these days.
I'd like to share with you the schematics.I have sent it to you.

I am busy in a new CM6631 with AD150 and sealed transformer. The power supply is more stable and more better performance on analysis. Perfect! Will post it soon!

Regards,
weiliang

Hi to all,
My first post btw, I bought V1.9 DAC and would like to add volume control.
Can it be done with just adding the resistors at the output (like serial plus shunt)? Why is the buffer needed and can we live without it? I plan to go directly to the power amp with 1V sensitivity, I measured the dac output and it's above 2V for 0db source.

Hi to all,
My first post btw, I bought V1.9 DAC and would like to add volume control.
Can it be done with just adding the resistors at the output (like serial plus shunt)? Why is the buffer needed and can we live without it? I plan to go directly to the power amp with 1V sensitivity, I measured the dac output and it's above 2V for 0db source.

Anyone ? :(

Hi guys!

I'm looking into building a pre-amp using a Raspberry PI over USB and a toslink/spdif panel. As a DAC the stuff weiliang designs looks very promising.

I've read that the switch toggles between coax and optical but I can't find out how the board switches between USB and spdif input. Is this just a matter of not sending a signal or is there something else involved. And if so, how does the board behave when both channels receive a signal?

Thanks!
Ernst