Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2013, 04:49 AM   #341
phase is offline phase  United States
diyAudio Member

Hmm, so an HDMI to coax conertor may not work if the output is 48khz?

Just looking at some options, pretty quiet around here with no dac the past couple months...
Old 4th January 2014, 08:46 PM   #342
diyAudio Member

linear tracks on dvd is 48k audio. I have a bitrate led meter on my spdif-out and with cd's, its always 44.1 and when I play dvd's thru spdif (not dts or dolby) its always 48k.
Old 5th January 2014, 12:11 AM   #343
diyAudio Member

Ok that's good to know, thanks for the info. Sometimes I wish I had a better setup with a display like that also.

I just got things working again, with some good replacement parts. Lesson to self: don't buy weiliang-type products from random fleabay vendors. The folks at diyhifishop were great with the fast customer service.

It was a bad te7022 board, and I'm not going to hack it with the separate clock board this time, since it had been working for a year before that, and maybe only a month or so after.
Maybe the balance of power was shifted after pulling it from the onboard clock somehow, boosting the voltage up and damaging the te7022 or something else, who knows...
Old 5th January 2014, 01:21 AM   #344
diyAudio Member

here's a link to an spdif 'meter' I designed for the arduino. its cheap and mostly easy to build. it does depend on having a wordclock pin on some chip, as its basically a freq counter in firmware and maps the wordclock freq to a discrete led for your front panel. if you have i2s on a system, that will have wordclock.

Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget

pic of it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6931855681_0ff25bd48c_b.jpg (197.0 KB, 157 views)
Old 7th January 2014, 09:48 PM   #345
diyAudio Member

That's very slick. Maybe someday soon I can make some time to start something like that, I like it.
Old 8th January 2014, 02:58 AM   #346
diyAudio Member

I really want to get boards made for that spdif meter. a lot of people like to know what their sample rate is (to know that their audio is not being resampled).

I don't love doing pcb design, though. if anyone wants to take a stab at this, I'd be more than happy to help out with the schematic or connection netlist, but I just hate doing eagle work (which is the only pcb designer tool I know).

maybe there could be a group buy, as well. the more the merrier.
Old 10th January 2014, 03:12 PM   #347
diyAudio Member

Default DAC6 mod for Car PC

Here is my DAC6, bought to use with my CarPC. I made an voltage inverter using the 555 timer chip, and two voltage regulators to get +9.6V and -9.6V to power the opamp. The other regulator is powered by 12V DC directly without retification diodes.

No noise, no hum. It's very stable!

Click the image to open in full size.

(Sorry for my bad english)
Old 18th January 2014, 05:24 PM   #348
Kunne is offline Kunne  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I am in possession of DAC7 (Finished DAC7 parallel dual WM8741 + WM8805 + CM6631A +AD627 Audio DAC), I am very happy with the sound but I hear occasional crackling sound. The DAC is currently playing for two weeks now, has anyone here experience and to solve this secondary not desirable sound?
Old 29th January 2014, 05:34 PM   #349
kouiky is offline kouiky  United States
diyAudio Member

When is this crackling sound occuring? Is it a random event even if the music signal is low (in other words, not clipping)? Have you isolated the source and any possibility of an external factor leading to this noise? What your DAC assembled by the seller or yourself?
Old 30th January 2014, 05:38 PM   #350
Kunne is offline Kunne  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouiky View Post
When is this crackling sound occuring? Is it a random event even if the music signal is low (in other words, not clipping)? Have you isolated the source and any possibility of an external factor leading to this noise? What your DAC assembled by the seller or yourself?
Thanks for your feedback, the cracking sound is heard only with the USB connection, so when I play music from my PC. The DAC was assembled! My suspicion is that the sound comes from the PC side, it can not be heard by other connected loudspeakers from my PC. I have also found that the optical connection of DAC is not functioning, I have got from Mr.. Along a diagram of the DAC, but I can not do anything with it unfortunately. I also wonder if it is normal that the DAC becomes incredibly hot, I've been made a fan with a few holes in the casing ​​to make it cool.
A lot of little problems for such a small device, but I have to admit that he sounds supper with my music fidelity amplifier.

Hide this!Advertise here!