WEILIANG DAC5 - WM8741 & Tenor TE7022 - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2013, 06:51 PM   #281
diyAudio Member

P1100013.jpg

phase: the "L" shape in green color are both RR14&LR10 in signal path(100R) you are looking for. please share more details of better resistors.
i don't have a scope and don't even know how to use it.
Orange circule color is the RC3 in opamp feedback path, installed a socket for the mica cap 220p.

- removed the C6 (104) film capacitors next to clock, i guess the oscon has enough low esr.
or i may try put CP0/X7R SMDs if i can get some of it.
- replaced the R5 (110R) for dale, no idea which series it is, original come with bejing718factory 1%.
- installed socket(in blue circule) for TU1 and TU3, may try some mkp or kp series and see what it will sound.

I will let the R5 run in then i will try the mica capacitor. I want to try the low impedence resistor from vishay s102 for R2, R5, LR4&8, RR4 and RR8 (feedback resistor and coxial input), any better/cheaper suggestions? The s102 aren't cheap(lots $$$)...

after i replaced parts, i can immediately heard the difference.
i will just let it run 24hrs for a few days with low volume.

P1100015.jpg
test fitting for u860 diodes, it looks doesn't fit very well.

Last edited by kentdream; 13th June 2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 15th June 2013, 12:33 AM   #282
phase is offline phase  United States
diyAudio Member

So you have removed the 104 from the clock, was it in parallel with the oscon?

Thank you for the diagram, I will let you know if there is any difference that would be worth the money spent.
Those film resistors are expensive. The ones I had were Caddock mp930, probably will need some time, like nearly any other change.

What type of mica capacitors are you using?
Old 21st June 2013, 07:22 PM   #283
diyAudio Member

Default TE7022L info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.EM View Post
Does anyone have the pin-out and/or schematic for the TE7022 plug-in module? I'm intending to use it to add USB connectivity to my University project which currently has just S/PDIF.

I know the Tenor TE7022 IC includes an S/PDIF output but don't know if it comes out onto one of the pins on the module header? Also I will need to know what power supply requirements it has.

It should still be far easier to implement than the bare TE7022 IC which would need a PCB layout and difficult soldering (the rest of the project is on prototyping boards).

Any insight much appreciated!

Hi,

I too want to use the minishow0328 TE7022 USB module / board as a standalone USB to S/PDIF interface dev board.

minishow0328 has generally been helpful but hasn't been able to help with my problem - then again the guy's a vendor selling with small margins, there is no reason he should help with such unintended use of the board.

Dr.M, did you have any luck?

Mine is connected, I'm powering by supplying +8V DC to pin 4 (Pins 5&6 are ground; the USB interface goes to pins 1,2,3).

The PC recognises a USB connection but says it is faulty and seems not to have loaded the driver, which is installed on the PC. I'm wondering if this is due to absent signals that would normally come from the DAC mobo?
Old 21st June 2013, 07:31 PM   #284
diyAudio Member

Please let us know how is your the caddock(mp930) doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase View Post
So you have removed the 104 from the clock, was it in parallel with the oscon?
Yes. 104 film. Parallel with the oscon(upright position) on right hand side, just above the XO.

Quote:
What type of mica capacitors are you using?
Click the image to open in full size.
This is the mica i'm using for last 2 weeks. Treble has extend further and more transparency. I may pick up some philips silver mica and try later.

After various mod, bass and treble has extend, however i find out 3 negs:
1. mids now become very dull & thin(e.g. paino solo).
2. the 317/337 regulator output is almost 17v, i had a 16v 100uf as output capacitor.
3. the pcb has tons of plating through hole, some capacitors are way too far from regulator

Done something:
removed the 104 smd from pcb for 8805 digital supply underneath, which is connect together with oscon.
Old 21st June 2013, 08:55 PM   #285
diyAudio Member

Default TE7022L Basic data sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Hi,

I too want to use the minishow0328 TE7022 USB module / board as a standalone USB to S/PDIF interface dev board.

minishow0328 has generally been helpful but hasn't been able to help with my problem - then again the guy's a vendor selling with small margins, there is no reason he should help with such unintended use of the board.

Dr.M, did you have any luck?

Mine is connected, I'm powering by supplying +8V DC to pin 4 (Pins 5&6 are ground; the USB interface goes to pins 1,2,3).

The PC recognises a USB connection but says it is faulty and seems not to have loaded the driver, which is installed on the PC. I'm wondering if this is due to absent signals that would normally come from the DAC mobo?
---------------------

TE7022L pinouts and basic data are linked from manufacturer's website here:
TE7022L - GFEC

Since my last post by co-incidence within 5 minutes I got another email from minishow0328 [that's an eBay handle by the way and I can vouch he is a very good eBayer with good English].. I now have schematics for the USB interface daughter card. Won't post them here as they are someone else's work -but I think it's fair use to give the CONA pinouts for the daughter board:

_Pin________Funct___
01 USB Vbus
02 USB DM
03 USB DP
04 D8V (8V dc in from DAC)
05 GND
06 GND
07 LRCK2
08 DATA2
09 BCK2
10 SCK2

I assume pins 7 through 10 are the I/\2S interface to the DAC.

The TE7022L SPDIF pins do not go anywhere on this little board except of course for the pads on the IC outline, but it should be possible to connect to them with a couple of bits of kynar wire. So far I haven't done anything about that as getting the USB endpoints established first seems the logical way to proceed.

If anyone else here has tried this, I'd love to know how you got on...
Old 24th June 2013, 08:19 PM   #286
diyAudio Member

The Caddock definately cleans up the sound a bit, a worthy swap since they were around.

What position have you put your mica capacitors?

Am waiting for the Oscons still...

I know what you mean about the thin midrange. What opamps are you using Kent?
Old 25th June 2013, 05:12 PM   #287
diyAudio Member

Default DAC7 Weiliang noise with 192khz 24 bit signal

Hi.
I would ask to Mr. Weiliang how to solve a problem discovered with my DAC7 unit. I have bought 2 units of this dac (equipped with CM6631 usb module) from Minishow seller. The unit works fine but I have a problem with the CM6631 when I try to play wave files at 192khz 24 bit. The unit works but several times is possible to hear scratches noise. These noises are not preriodic and are not dipendig on level of digital signal. I think there is a problem between the unit and the computer (TOSHIBA TECRA and WINDOWS7 64 bits but with other Pcs tested the resault is the same) and someone told me that the problem could be in driver or (more probably) in the firmware.
Do you have a solution (maybe a specific firmware and a guideline to install it) to fix this problem?
It's a pity to have a DAC that works at 90% ...
Waiting for an answer. Thank you in advance.
R. Marin.

P.S. my email: roberto.marin@mail.wind.it
Old 30th June 2013, 08:43 AM   #288
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to voxxonline
I have jg buffer for es 9023, wonder if I can use it for dac9?
If anybody know what is an output impedance and if low pass filter implemented is closer to first order with cut off at 100 to 150 khz?
Old 30th June 2013, 03:56 PM   #289
diyAudio Member

Kent, I see your picture, and the 220p locations, hopefully the parts burn in and settle for you.
I might try some film caps there and see what happens.

Unfortunately, my headphone amp had it's transformer short out and I'm waiting for another to arrive before listening to the os-cons.
Old 1st July 2013, 05:55 PM   #290
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Kent, I see your picture, and the 220p locations, hopefully the parts burn in and settle for you.
I might try some film caps there and see what happens.
phase, yes, the mica's had burn in. love them.
which series of caddock do you prefere?

Brought some more mica's (CDM and philips), some RN55c resistor for signal line, some philips MKP418 and a new toroidal , see how they preform.

I've heard the CM6631a has less scratches noise. Some say using newer asus firmware will solve the problem(read in a taiwan forum). I use cm6631a too.

Last edited by kentdream; 1st July 2013 at 06:10 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!