WEILIANG DAC5 - WM8741 & Tenor TE7022 - Page 23 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th March 2013, 04:51 AM   #221
Riki610 is offline Riki610  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Default DAC7 Weiliang

DAC7 Weiliang - "" "" HELP "" "" I have the following problem, when switching between toslink and spdif hear popping, further when listening to music via toslink hear popping at random intervals. Does anyone have an idea what can be the problem?
Further I have a question about the purpose of double toggle switch with two LEDs?
Further pcb is fitted with IO opa2604 and 0.3ppm TCXO 12.000000MHz (Golden), but the sound quality I'm not excited. When buying this product, I do not receive no instructions for use. I've just found that trimming is used to adjust the voltage to 12V Opa. Another option settings on the board or not is besides the two switches.
Old 17th March 2013, 08:06 PM   #222
phase is offline phase  United States
diyAudio Member

I know that mine needed to burn in some before producing meaningful bass, and clear highs.

My question for those who know more about electronics than I do is:

Which opamp is for the buffer, and which is the gain?

Was considering placing different opamps in place of the opa2604's, and was curious as to specific placement. Mine is version 1.9(DAC5).
Old 19th March 2013, 07:33 AM   #223
diyAudio Member

I recently purchased the CM6631 module which fits into the DAC7. Unfortunately the supplied drivers do not work with my Win 7 laptop. Any ideas on getting it to work. The LED on the CM6631 board lights up. The LED on the main board also lights up indicating USB when I plug the USB cable into the computer.
The driver installer just shows a message - Please plug in the CMAUDIO USB 2.0 device..
Old 19th March 2013, 12:55 PM   #224
diyAudio Member

after failing & smoked 3 sets DAC5 kit, finally i gave up and ordered a pre-built board, together with the 1ppm crystal, opamps (47920HA), upgraded voltage regulators and a CM6631a usb interface. (make sure nothing goes wrong this time.)

works flawlessly with usb & coaxial. the sound is good & clear.

may someone teach me what is the name of those rectifier diode in red circle? are they good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nEO_IMG_P1090806.jpg (173.0 KB, 471 views)
File Type: jpg nEO_IMG_P1090808.jpg (72.8 KB, 434 views)

Last edited by kentdream; 19th March 2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 19th March 2013, 01:59 PM   #225
diyAudio Member

Hi weiliang, just a bit of advice, you should try ess sabre tech dacs. They are really popular these days. Or xmos chip usb to spdif.
Old 20th March 2013, 01:21 AM   #226
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodt1347 View Post
I recently purchased the CM6631 module which fits into the DAC7. Unfortunately the supplied drivers do not work with my Win 7 laptop. Any ideas on getting it to work. The LED on the CM6631 board lights up. The LED on the main board also lights up indicating USB when I plug the USB cable into the computer.
The driver installer just shows a message - Please plug in the CMAUDIO USB 2.0 device..
Hi, same here, but I managed to install the driver anyway. This is what I did to get the USB working.

1) PC running (yes Win 7), I opened the "system" dialog box, if the DAC7 is plug in I can see from the device list.

2) turn on the DAC7

3) plug in the USB cable.

4) Pray. It works..most of the time.. if it don't, I unplug the cable and change to another USB port.

This is the first time I pipe my audio from my CD player/PC through a DAC and it proves that dedicated D/A device does play a major role in improving sound quality. (Of course there are good CD players out there can can do it).

The USB inconsistency problem and the limited ability to detect SPDIF condition (from my CD Player) and mute itself, prompted me to get D/A units from well known manufacturers rather than a kit.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the process of DIYing the DAC7 and I learnt a lot from it during the process.
Old 20th March 2013, 02:04 AM   #227
diyAudio Member

I feel for you having attempted to assemble your own, that sucks. I was too afraid to try that myself.

I am waiting on a set of opa627 to come to me from far away. Might replace the caps in the dac and my E5 headphone amp next, but that will carry a bit more risk, of me trashing the board...
Old 23rd March 2013, 01:41 AM   #228
diyAudio Member

Well after I actually looked at the capacitors on my dac5, I don't think I'll be replacing any of them any time soon, they are decent quality as indicated.
Just awaiting the opa627 combo...
It has been sounding better and better, but nearing the 100 hour mark, I think it has finally settled.
Old 23rd March 2013, 12:33 PM   #229
diyAudio Member

Hello guys
NEW launch AK4399 DAC9 The AK4113 is being designed...
Old 23rd March 2013, 12:37 PM   #230
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki610 View Post
DAC7 Weiliang - "" "" HELP "" "" I have the following problem, when switching between toslink and spdif hear popping, further when listening to music via toslink hear popping at random intervals. Does anyone have an idea what can be the problem?
Further I have a question about the purpose of double toggle switch with two LEDs?
Further pcb is fitted with IO opa2604 and 0.3ppm TCXO 12.000000MHz (Golden), but the sound quality I'm not excited. When buying this product, I do not receive no instructions for use. I've just found that trimming is used to adjust the voltage to 12V Opa. Another option settings on the board or not is besides the two switches.
Hello friend
Need short-circuiting the SEL point on the back PCB.

Hide this!Advertise here!