WEILIANG DAC5 - WM8741 & Tenor TE7022

Does anyone have the pin-out and/or schematic for the TE7022 plug-in module? I'm intending to use it to add USB connectivity to my University project which currently has just S/PDIF.

I know the Tenor TE7022 IC includes an S/PDIF output but don't know if it comes out onto one of the pins on the module header? Also I will need to know what power supply requirements it has.

It should still be far easier to implement than the bare TE7022 IC which would need a PCB layout and difficult soldering (the rest of the project is on prototyping boards).

Any insight much appreciated!

Hi

I just assembled a kit with a friend of mine who is used to soldering PCBs (I'm not).
We used some different caps in the power-supply and changed the SMD resistors to two normal ones (we lost a resistor during unpacking...), of course these resistors are not shortcutting anything.

When powering the board, the LEDs at the powersupply part of the board and the one near the crystal (the power indicator) light up just fine. But.... the board generates a medium pitched (at about 200Hz I guess) tone. When powering off the board, it generates a way higher frequency spike for about half a second.

Our setup:

- 2x 9V amplimo transformer
- 2x 15V amplimo transformer, in serial mode, so -15, 0 +15.

Also this sound is also being produced while having the opamps unplugged. The other channel seems to be silent (which is fine), although we haven't tested it with real input yet since I don't feel comfortable having a malfunctioning (oscillating) PCB running....

How can we debug this?

opa627

Hi

I have the dac7. I have used opa275, lme49720ha, opa727, ad825. All dual versions (like it should). I have not try the opa627. But of these opamps the ad825 surpasses them by numbers!
Equipment: DK Signature, Denon mod + dac7, Nirvana sx, Master Contempory C speakers.
Regards
batalok

yes, they set the dac hardware filter flags, relating to samplerate range.

2 since one is for each dac chip.

there should have been more switches. anti-clip, for one. pin26 is left floating or grounded and I prefer to have the 2db anti-clip feature on, so that means lifting or never soldering down pin26 of the 8741 chip.

Hi,
what is anti-clip feature of the 8741 means? (sorry I asked, I am not into electronics)

Recently, I fixed up the DAC7 (by Weiliang), hooked it up to my CD player via Optical. It works fine, but sometimes there is an annoying sharp "crackling" sound (lasted 1 sec the most) whenever I skipped tracks during CD playback.
Could this anit-clipping feature help to solve this?

Regards
Phil.

sounds like the cd player is not muting between tracks.

anti-clip won't help with that.

dacs can also detect various spdif conditions and mute themselves. some do it better than others.

I did more test run and found that the crackling noise does not happens all the time, there is a mute feature at pin 25 on the WM8741 perhaps I can think of something for that.

yes, they set the dac hardware filter flags, relating to samplerate range.

2 since one is for each dac chip.

there should have been more switches. anti-clip, for one. pin26 is left floating or grounded and I prefer to have the 2db anti-clip feature on, so that means lifting or never soldering down pin26 of the 8741 chip.

I am about to solder the WM8741. I am a bit confused about this item. The datasheet states for pin 26:
De-emphasis Control
0 = normal operation
1 = de-emphasis applied
Z = anti-clipping digital filter mode
Now if i leave pin 26 simply unconnected goes it into Z mode? Or do I need to connect pin 26 with pin 21 Zflag zero flag output?

link datasheet wm8741

Gr GJ

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
so busy to my work and haven't the time login the audio forum.Sorry for all.about my products that there are someone copy my DAC series and sell on the ebay.Please note that product quality is not the same and have not provided the schematic.some people sent a message to ask me for schematic,sorry I cann’t provided,Because I had provided schematics to distributor...such as ebay seller:minishow0328, He is a good seller,Most of my products for sell on his shop...When I have new products will also appear in his shop...

some new products coming soon, Please stay tuned.Thanks!!

Hi everyone,
so busy to my work and haven't the time login the audio forum.Sorry for all.about my products that there are someone copy my DAC series and sell on the ebay.Please note that product quality is not the same and have not provided the schematic.some people sent a message to ask me for schematic,sorry I cann’t provided,Because I had provided schematics to distributor...such as ebay seller:minishow0328, He is a good seller,Most of my products for sell on his shop...When I have new products will also appear in his shop...

Does the real product offer software control and all the filters for each sampling rate or is it hardware controlled?

Hi everyone,
so busy to my work and haven't the time login the audio forum.Sorry for all.about my products that there are someone copy my DAC series and sell on the ebay.Please note that product quality is not the same and have not provided the schematic.some people sent a message to ask me for schematic,sorry I cann't provided,Because I had provided schematics to distributor...such as ebay seller:minishow0328, He is a good seller,Most of my products for sell on his shop...When I have new products will also appear in his shop...

may you post your taobao shop link? i want to direct purchase from you instead of from ebay.

Hi everyone,

Hi weiliang,

Can you please give us an idea of what new products will be comming out.