CD Players: - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th May 2012, 02:11 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default CD Players:

I am looking to buy a new CD player in the $300-$500 range. I am looking mostly at the Marantz CD-6004. I should confide that my first preference in sound is still vinyl. Mother Bear Hubbard.
Old 15th May 2012, 02:03 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I know of no CD player anywhere near that price range that will give you a sound like vinyl, if that's what you are asking us.
Old 15th May 2012, 04:12 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

if you can stretch your budget a litlle :

Audiolab 8200CD review from the experts at whathifi.com
Old 15th May 2012, 04:58 PM   #4
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Think outside the box. A laptop with a decent external sound card will play CDs, high res, and just about any other format, and outperform just about any conventional CD-only player. I'm using an old iMac ($150 refurbished on EBay) with an Echo Audiofire 2 ($200 street price). 16/44, 24/96, whatever I need.

EDIT: This approach will also allow you to digitize your records in high resolution format for archival purposes at no extra cost.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:28 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Squeezebox?

Hide this!Advertise here!