Good source of cd player servicing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey folks any cd player techs here? Basically I would like to learn how to service older generation cd players, especially the CDM mechs (although I know these are more complicated being radial designs). I know how to measure laser output, but that is about where my knowledge ends! I am capable of repairing analogue amplifiers, power supplies etc. and not bad with digital processors, especially those found in amplifiers. As an example, I have a Beogram 6500, with a CDM4/13 mech. The laser turned out to be knackered here (someone had been at the preset and turned it way up!) so I tried a CDM2/10 which I had spare. After adjusting laser current as per the manual the cd player now reads disks, and reports tracks properly, also sounds 'good' i.e. no miss tracking etc. - but the only audio I am getting out is white noise! So yeah, any good guides / books or even if someone would like to offer any direct help that would be great! Thanks :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.