CD player sometimes sounds like "stuck LP"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Shanling CDP100 which sometimes sounds like a stuck LP, cant think of another way to describe it... It is much more common burned discs, but certainly happens on others. Any ideas as to what might be the cause of such a problem? Thanks

Thanks. I have tried cleaning the lens, not really any change. As with so many problems, this is intermittent, but quite frequent enough to cause substantial irritation. I dont really want to send the player off for repairs, am happy to try and install a new laser if need be, or else simply sell it on to someone willing to take on the problem. This is not in my comfort zone.

Thanks to both of you for your comments. It is a reasonably expensive unit, but is getting on a bit in terms of age, so could be any number of issues. Simple stuff first is good, so I will clean up as suggested, hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.