Re-programming IC for Aune mini cd-pro2 transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I own the Mini cd-pro2 transport from Aune.

With some modifications this transport is absolutely a great piece of equipment. The only things I am not satisfied with is the text that is shown on the display when it starts and when the lid is open. Therefore I would like to re-program the IC a bit to adjust this to my own text and perhaps some other parts to. I have quite a lot programming experience with C#, C++ and VB, but I have never programmed an IC, so i might need a little help here.

1. Which hardware/software IC programmer do I need for this IC?
  2. What is the programming language of this IC?

I found lots of IC programmer's, but can't find anything about the IC itself.

Attachments

• IMG_7750.JPG
    IMG_7750.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_7751.JPG
    IMG_7751.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 201
The only things I am not satisfied with is the text that is shown on the display when it starts and when the lid is open.

Not sure if you realise this but this endeavour is either very difficult or impossible. The program memory is most likely protected and you will not be able to simply read and modify the contents. There is of course the option to rewrite everything from scratch, including remote control routines and god knows what else. Not a weekend project.

I have done "localization" of EPROM a while ago. The primitive method I used was to look for a specific string by using a hex editor, and simply overwrite the string with the same number of characters (padded with spaces if necessary). So the string lengths were not changed, and no rewriting of the pointers was necessary.

Didn't know that it could be protected. :xeye: I'll find out soon enough when I try to read it. But good to know.
The control section is very basic. Just play, stop, forwards, backwards. That's all. But looking at arduino similar code it does indeed involve a lot of programming.

Alway look on the bright side: At least I will have something to do this summer :spin:

I have done "localization" of EPROM a while ago. The primitive method I used was to look for a specific string by using a hex editor, and simply overwrite the string with the same number of characters (padded with spaces if necessary). So the string lengths were not changed, and no rewriting of the pointers was necessary.
Did you do it like this because it was protected?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.