Unknown laser.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

Has anybody got any idea what make of laser unit this is?

I have no idea where I got it from, it's just one of those things I seem to have had forever.

Thanks,
Si.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 203
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    845.5 KB · Views: 164
Hi.

Has anybody got any idea what make of laser unit this is?

I have no idea where I got it from, it's just one of those things I seem to have had forever.

Thanks,
Si.
This optical pick up I have never seen before.
Google provides no Results about the number as keyword "41A5Z060281".

Is it in use by a compact disc player or by a laser disc player (LD Laserdisc)?
And in which model?

Hi.

I've had a think about it since I posted the question, and all I can think of is "videologic" ? or something like that.

Now I know the obvious is to say it's a laser disc player etc. but it was a cd player, I'm almost certain of it.

I remember buying it as a cd player, and it only had a single cd type loader.

I cannot remember anything else about it, other than it was black and midi sized.

I've had a look on the net. and can't find anything that relates to a possible player, though there are players from a company called videologic.

Maybe I'll give them a shout.

I'll let you know if I find out anything off them.

Attachments

• NEC HLPL030010 nah.jpg
    NEC HLPL030010 nah.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 140
  • NEC HLPL030010 unten.jpg
    NEC HLPL030010 unten.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 60
  • NEC HLPL 03002 O im Nakam OMS7.jpg
    NEC HLPL 03002 O im Nakam OMS7.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 68
  • NEC HLPL 030010.jpg
    NEC HLPL 030010.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hi.

Thanks for the info and the links.

Although it was not the laser, it gave me enough information to narrow things down a bit, and I came up with this;

Onkyo DX-150 zum Leben erwecken ., Hifi-Klassiker - HIFI-FORUM

The laser itself is not visible, but there is enough of the casing etc. to positively identify it as a Toshiba TAOHS-MR.

I was hoping it would be something rare and sought after, but at least it's rare.

I've only heard of two players to use it, and I can't even remember the one I had.:confused:

I appreciate your help though, without it I doubt I would have looked at those types of laser.

:cheers:

Thanks

I realise this is an old thread...

... but search Vasiltech's CD Player list for the mech listed under the ONKYO DX-150. Gives a mech manufacture "TAOHS" with -MR suffix in this case.

Searching the list for other instances only gives the DX-150 as having this particular unit... still, the list is just an enthusiast's database so may contain errors of have missing data. Whilst TAOHS in different guises crops up in other 80s players it looks like, NADs, Kenwood, Luxman..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.