B&O BS5 Encore assistance pls - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd April 2012, 10:38 AM   #1
dpaws is offline dpaws  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default B&O BS5 Encore assistance pls

Guys - help! I’ve hit a brick wall with a proposed modification of an Encore. There's an unknown bit, I wonder if anyone could help?

On the mainboard / motherboard, there’s an area designated as the “small engine”. We need to know if this “small engine” is:

1) An area on the board made up from discrete individual but interconnected i/c’s.

2) A daughter pcb that contains the above

3) A large single custom i/c which has the microprocessor, FPGA and clock oscillators “on chip” ie built in.

The item number is “10Module 8005347 PCB10, Mainboard”. The easiest way for the info would be direct from a member of the B&O design team (do they loiter here?)

Alternatively the info can be obtained after viewing a med/high res photo of the board.

(At a last resort to order a replacement board from B&O to look at...)

Over to you??

Very much obliged, Steve

Hide this!Advertise here!