Wanted FLAC player with spdif out - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2012, 10:49 AM   #31
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Not all signa-delta (or delta-sigma) DACs are horrible. The first ones were but time has not stood still. It is not only topology but there are other things involved. I have some sigma-delta DACs that are quite good but they have a hard time beating a classic R2R DAC.

What DAC is used is one of the things I am interested in. The H version of the player in 12V might be a serious contender for good audio. And is the menu in english ? What about firmware updates etc ?

More pictures of the internals:

http://mall.bitauto.com/item-13104383843-50022883.html

Last edited by jean-paul; 10th April 2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10th April 2012, 03:11 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

I was just teasing him
I'm OK with newer generation of S-D DAC's, he is not.
Old 10th April 2012, 03:14 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
I'm OK with S-D DACs generating sinewaves for test purposes - they can do them lower distortion than multibit. Just they suck at playing music.
Old 10th April 2012, 03:17 PM   #34
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Have to admit that they perform a lot better with low jitter source and better SPDIF receivers... In a few weeks time our WM8804/ES9023 PCB is ready and I am very curious how that one will perform. I like TDA chips but we have to move on so no hard feelings against newer DACs (be it sigma-delta or not).

Last edited by jean-paul; 10th April 2012 at 03:19 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!