Pioneer AX10Ai AV Receiver - No Sound - Pics included

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi there - wondered if you could give me some advice please

my Pioneer AX10Ai has stopped outputting any sound - whatsover - it turns on though, all menus work, but no sound and doesn't detect digital inputs (for instance D.Digital/DTS etc etc)

I'd read about people in thepast having to replace one of the DSP boards due to dry joints - so took it apart to take a look - see pictures below - first 1 - just shows the lovely build quality of the unit :) - the last 2 some pics of the DSP3 board.

the DSP3 board I took pictures of as the "solder" on several of the ICs on that board looked distinctly different to the other boards and didn't look right -and looked far worse visually than anyo f the other boards

in the 3rd photo - the areas that were of concern to me was (1) the solder pad bottom left - lots of copper showing ? mind you - no IC behind - just 2 SM caps (2) the VRM middle-top right -but I think the solder is just keeping i physically in place at the top (3) bottom right - the "smudge" - looked like a metallic thick hair across the track - then the rest that smudge on close inspection looks like it has lots of tiny strands in it

any help or suggestions will be much appreciated :)

Attachments

• AX10AI-I-3.jpg
    AX10AI-I-3.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 215
  • AX10.jpg
    AX10.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 195
  • AX10-2.jpg
    AX10-2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 185
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.