Modifying my DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I bought an iBasso D4 roughly a year ago and am now wondering if I could modify it to support higher sample rates from the USB. I've done a bit of googling and noticed that it's DAC (Wolfson's WM8740) is capable of 24/192kHz. I also found out the D4 is using a TI PCM2706, which apparently limits the the input from USB to 16/48. Is it possible to have the PCM2706 removed and have a TI TAS1020B installed in it's place, and expect the DAC to support 24/96 from the USB? I'm a bit new to this and have never soldered before too. Please excuse my ignorance if this idea sounds retarded. If on the other hand this can work, I may be able to get somebody with soldering experience to do this. (This is implying it's possible and I can buy the TI TAS1020B). Thanks.

Because the TI chip does not require drivers under Windows or Mac - USB1.1 universal audio specs. The TAS1020B is identical in that aspect (USB1.1 specs, 16/48 limited).
The only way to get past that is to use a USB2.0 device, but that require specific drivers.

That's odd I hadn't noticed this. I'll search around for a chip that supports the higher rates.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.