looking for Sony CXD1125 datasheet - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2003, 08:13 AM   #1
cm is offline cm  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Default looking for Sony CXD1125 datasheet

Hi guys, anyone could direct me to the datasheet for the above CD decoder chip? I have search Sony's website and have e-mailed them but nothing found so far.

Thanks.
Old 4th October 2003, 04:08 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have the datasheet in my files but it's too long for me to copy. If you have specific questions, I may be able to answer them.
Old 4th October 2003, 05:38 PM   #3
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Elso Kwak
Default Re: looking for Sony CXD1125 datasheet

Quote:
Originally posted by cm
Hi guys, anyone could direct me to the datasheet for the above CD decoder chip? I have search Sony's website and have e-mailed them but nothing found so far.

Thanks.

Hi cm,
I have it! About 37 pages.
Contact me by email.
Old 8th October 2003, 06:19 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks Kal and Elso for offering to help. Since no one has a softcopy, and I only need some basic info, please help me verify if the information I got so far is correct.

The info I have gathered so far:

From TDA1311A datasheet from the Philips website, probably the I2S pins should be :

pin 76 - BCK, pin 80 - WS, pin 78 - Data
MD1 (55 ) - L, MD2(56) - L, MD3 (57)-H, PSSL (59) -L, SLOB(58)-L

From the X02 clock mounting instructions:
SPDIF output - pin 5
16.934MHz clock input - pin 53

Can you guys check that and if the above is correct and if there are other enable pins etc that needs to be activated? Elso had:

pin 27 - digital out (is that the SPDIF output or should it be pin 5),
pin 56 - enable digital out
pin 62 - data
pin 80 latch

For others following the this thread, I hope the info gives you now the power to mess around with your Japanese CD player or even your CD-ROM drives as most of them uses Sony chips as servo controllers.

My plan is to tap the I2S output, reclock it via a Tent or Elso's Kwak clock, and feed the data to a non sampling 2xTDA1541A DAC. If it works, then I will modify a CD ROM drive and a soundcard to multiplex the I2S outputs, use the external DAC, rip my CDs into a hard drive, and get a high quality PC based jukebox - when I find time to complete the project of course....
Old 8th October 2003, 04:04 PM   #5
Banned

Cool I2S?

Quote:
Originally posted by cm

16.934MHz clock input - pin 53

Can you guys check that and if the above is correct and if there are other enable pins etc that needs to be activated? Elso had:

pin 27 - digital out (is that the SPDIF output or should it be pin 5),
My plan is to tap the I2S output, reclock it via a Tent or Elso's Kwak clock, and feed the data to a non sampling 2xTDA1541A DAC. If it works, then I will modify a CD ROM drive and a soundcard to multiplex the I2S outputs, use the external DAC, rip my CDs into a hard drive, and get a high quality PC based jukebox - when I find time to complete the project of course....

Hi Cm,
My datasheet clearly indicates that pin # 27 of the CXD1125 is the SPDIF digital output signal.
Yes pin 53 is to be connected to the external 16.9344 MHz clock.
Pin 5 is EFM signal.
Bitclock is pin 76.
In my experience reclocking of the SPDIF output with the masterclock does not improve the sound quality only detoriates it.
Also note that even when you have found all three signals needed for the TDA1543, these are not suitable for the TDA1543 as these are Sony/Burr-Brown format not Philips I2S. See also:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...214#post247214
Old 9th October 2003, 10:59 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Also note that even when you have found all three signals needed for the TDA1543, these are not suitable for the TDA1543 as these are Sony/Burr-Brown format not Philips I2S
What if change to TDA1543A?
Old 9th October 2003, 11:13 AM   #7
Banned

Cool Tda1543a

Hi Tubeee,
That can be done in this special case. You have to set the CXD1125 to the Offset-Binary mode.
Quote from the datasheet:
"OFFSET Binary/2's Complement Selection
When pin SLOB is at "H" output occurs at OFFSET BINARY; when it is at "L" output occurs at 2's complement."
SLOB= pin 58.
Old 21st October 2003, 11:24 AM   #8
Banned

Lightbulb Re: TDA1543A

Quote:
Originally posted by Elso Kwak
Hi Tubeee,
That can be done in this special case. You have to set the CXD1125 to the Offset-Binary mode.
Quote from the datasheet:
"OFFSET Binary/2's Complement Selection
When pin SLOB is at "H" output occurs at OFFSET BINARY; when it is at "L" output occurs at 2's complement."
SLOB= pin 58.
Hi, I have to correct my post!
Leave the CXD1125 in the 2's complement mode and use the TDA1543A. I guess it would probably work then.
See also:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...040#post253040
I am sorry for confusing you!
Old 21st October 2003, 01:47 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi Elso, congratulation on getting the Sony controller to work with the TDA1543A. I wanted to do the same thing but with TDA1541A. Hence I guess I will still need to find a way to convert Sony 2's complement to I2S format. I will do it on of this day and post the schematic if it works.....
Old 24th October 2003, 01:33 PM   #10
OliverD is offline OliverD  Germany
diyAudio Member

AFAIK while TDA1543 and TDA1543A have different I2S input formats, the TDA1541 is not available in different versions. There is a TDA1541A, but the "A" means something different.

Hide this!Advertise here!