looking for Sony CXD1125 datasheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Kal and Elso for offering to help. Since no one has a softcopy, and I only need some basic info, please help me verify if the information I got so far is correct.

The info I have gathered so far:

From TDA1311A datasheet from the Philips website, probably the I2S pins should be :

pin 76 - BCK, pin 80 - WS, pin 78 - Data
MD1 (55 ) - L, MD2(56) - L, MD3 (57)-H, PSSL (59) -L, SLOB(58)-L

From the X02 clock mounting instructions:
SPDIF output - pin 5
16.934MHz clock input - pin 53

Can you guys check that and if the above is correct and if there are other enable pins etc that needs to be activated? Elso had:

pin 27 - digital out (is that the SPDIF output or should it be pin 5),
pin 56 - enable digital out
pin 62 - data
pin 80 latch

For others following the this thread, I hope the info gives you now the power to mess around with your Japanese CD player or even your CD-ROM drives as most of them uses Sony chips as servo controllers.

My plan is to tap the I2S output, reclock it via a Tent or Elso's Kwak clock, and feed the data to a non sampling 2xTDA1541A DAC. If it works, then I will modify a CD ROM drive and a soundcard to multiplex the I2S outputs, use the external DAC, rip my CDs into a hard drive, and get a high quality PC based jukebox - when I find time to complete the project of course....

I2S?

cm said:

16.934MHz clock input - pin 53

Can you guys check that and if the above is correct and if there are other enable pins etc that needs to be activated? Elso had:

pin 27 - digital out (is that the SPDIF output or should it be pin 5),
My plan is to tap the I2S output, reclock it via a Tent or Elso's Kwak clock, and feed the data to a non sampling 2xTDA1541A DAC. If it works, then I will modify a CD ROM drive and a soundcard to multiplex the I2S outputs, use the external DAC, rip my CDs into a hard drive, and get a high quality PC based jukebox - when I find time to complete the project of course....

Hi Cm,
My datasheet clearly indicates that pin # 27 of the CXD1125 is the SPDIF digital output signal.
Yes pin 53 is to be connected to the external 16.9344 MHz clock.
Pin 5 is EFM signal.
Bitclock is pin 76.
In my experience reclocking of the SPDIF output with the masterclock does not improve the sound quality only detoriates it.
Also note that even when you have found all three signals needed for the TDA1543, these are not suitable for the TDA1543 as these are Sony/Burr-Brown format not Philips I2S. See also:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=247214#post247214:cool:

Re: TDA1543A

Elso Kwak said:
Hi Tubeee,
That can be done in this special case. You have to set the CXD1125 to the Offset-Binary mode.
Quote from the datasheet:
"OFFSET Binary/2's Complement Selection
When pin SLOB is at "H" output occurs at OFFSET BINARY; when it is at "L" output occurs at 2's complement."
SLOB= pin 58.
:cool:

Hi, I have to correct my post!
Leave the CXD1125 in the 2's complement mode and use the TDA1543A. I guess it would probably work then.
See also:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=253040#post253040
I am sorry for confusing you!
:angel:

Hi Elso, congratulation on getting the Sony controller to work with the TDA1543A. I wanted to do the same thing but with TDA1541A. Hence I guess I will still need to find a way to convert Sony 2's complement to I2S format. I will do it on of this day and post the schematic if it works.....

CXD1125 data output format

I am trying to convert my Sony CPD227ES which uses 2 TDA1541's in parallel in conjunction with a CXD1125 and CXD1144 digital filter to NOS mode. Having bypassed the the data, bitclock and wordselect signals across the CXD1144 filter, I am finding crackle and a very low volume on the output of the TDA1541's. This leads me to suspect that the output of the CXD1125 is not correctly configured. Can somebody confirm whether with Pin 58 SLOB and Pin 59 PSSL set at L, the output data is compatible with TDA1541 in two's complimentary mode? Do I need to make either Pin 58 or Pin 59 high to make this work?

Okay I am not having much luck with getting hold of an english version of the CXD1125 datasheet but I have successfully managed to NOS my Sony 227ESD by converting the output of the CXD1125 in this player from Sony/EIAJ to Philips I2S by using a 8 bit SIPO shift register (74HC134A) to delay the LRCLK signal by 7 BCLK cycles and swapping the left and the right outputs on the TDA1541A's. I now get full volume and bit resolution and the player has the typical analogue/flowing sound characteristic of NOS.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.