BALANCED! With tda1543 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th September 2003, 01:30 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Smile BALANCED! With tda1543

I am listening to just now the dac balanced with tda 1543.I wonder how the use of this option has not been at the attention that it deserve . Well. For who it has already familiarized with asynchronous reclocker, is( thanks Elso) enough to know that I have connected 2 tda1543 to the Asr using the complementary output of the flip flop regardin the word select and the data pins for one tda. left instead the true output for every BCK pins.

Perhaps it is still soon in order to speak about like it sounds but the first impressions are good.

With some sinusoidal signals the noise increase at the increasing of the signal in the single ended mode.
This effect disappears in the balanced mode.

As a consequence the monotonic nature of the dac is increased in balanced mode .

Suggestions are the welcomes.
Old 28th September 2003, 02:07 PM   #2
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: BALANCED! With tda1543

Quote:
Originally posted by stefanobilliani

With some sinusoidal signals the noise increase at the increasing of the signal in the single ended mode.
This effect disappears in the balanced mode.

As a consequence the monotonic nature of the dac is increased in balanced mode .

Hi,
I have no idea of what are you saying here, can you explain? I 'll learn something.
By the way, did you make it to Milan (top audio) last weekend?
I had to come back to the US the day it started.
Old 28th September 2003, 02:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Well I'll try...

A Monotonic circuit is when for example the distorsion decrease with the segnal level . It is known that early dacs weren't monotonics : distorsion increased as the level of the signal decreased.

With tda (single ended) I noticed that it is dead quiet when it is not playing , and the noise increase playing some sinus signals .(not see it on the scope anyway , I haven't a scope)
And also I noticed that noise pratically disappears in balanced mode. That way it comes to my mind the monotonic problems.

I did not make it to Milano I hope for the next year ( every year I say so)
Old 28th September 2003, 09:11 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

When you say balanced, do you mean this configuration ?
Attached Images
File Type: gif dd2.gif (3.4 KB, 1326 views)
Old 28th September 2003, 09:14 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Or this one?
Attached Images
File Type: gif dd1.gif (3.6 KB, 1290 views)
Old 28th September 2003, 09:26 PM   #6
Bricolo is offline Bricolo  France
diyAudio Member

Since he told that he used the complementary outputs from the ASR, he certainly has used the 1st config
Old 28th September 2003, 11:36 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bricolo
Since he told that he used the complementary outputs from the ASR, he certainly has used the 1st config

While it is probably the case that he is indeed using the first configuration, the second configuration also needs complimentary outputs from the single source.
Old 29th September 2003, 05:52 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rfbrw

While it is probably the case that he is indeed using the first configuration, the second configuration also needs complimentary outputs from the single source.

Yes I confirm the use of the first configuration example.
Old 29th September 2003, 07:27 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Ciao Stefano!

For those not so used to DAC topologies (like me ) would be very helpful to see a schematic of your implementation: I'm very interested in it since it would allow me to set-up a completely balanced audio chain...

Cheers

Andrea
Old 29th September 2003, 08:08 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Ciao Andypairo,

For the schematic you may clik to the nonz page and ask Elso Kwak for the complete overtone clock/synchronizer (Asr) schematic (it is his intellectual property)

It Is also interesting the download of the dual D-type flip flop pdf at Philips semiconductors.

Hide this!Advertise here!