micromega stage 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi fellow members i am abit new on here got a few projects on my hands and i need help i was just wundering if any one could help me :) i managed to get a micromega stage 2 for pritty cheap as it is faulty as the tray doesnt seem to want to go all the way in or out :s i have done some research and it seams this was a common fault on these , i was wundering if any one could shed some light and is there any fix i have a realy funny feeling it as somthing to do with a little switch on the frount right on the cd tray :cool:

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The belt is the usual cause of trouble on the Philips loader mech used.

Two minutes of a job to check and change it. Remove the tray manually by slowly pulling out.

When it reaches the end stop look down on the tray and you will see a small plastic arm that can be gently held to one side to allow the tray to come all the way out. The belt is under the small clip on plastic cover. The gears should not be lubricated but a tiny dab of a plastics compatable grease is worthwhile on each gear centre shaft.

hi thanks mooly for the advise just had a look and the belt doesnt seem too bad its more like the tray has some sort of power fault as when i press the eject it opens bout 1 cm the stops as if the motor looses power but if i press the eject again it will open abit more it will take about 3 pushs of the eject to fully open but then it will not return the tray just keeps trying to push the tray out, i also forgot to metion it also says ERR on the screen of the cd player

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
You need to check the basics for this, and these kind of faults are usually mechanical in nature.

Make sure that the laser pickup is in the normal rest position toward the platter. If you wind the sled out manually and then power the player up, the sled should then return to the centre.

The microswitches should be easy to check by operating the drawer manually... make sure the mech goes into the lifted up position.

The loading motor could be faulty. You should measure the supply across it when performing an open or close command.

You could also disconnect the motor from the PCB and apply 1.5 or 3 volts and see how it performs. Are there any dead spots on it.

the used loader is follow:
http://www.daisy-laser.com/products/cd/modules/L121065/val1210_65_68v1.0daisy2.pdf
in the attached pdf you will find more hints regarding this mechanism.
Service manuals from the CD713, CD723 and CD753 are also helpful for Micromega's "Stage 2", because there is the same mechanism (but not the same loader) in use. The same loader is in use by the model "CD910" and "CD920", also from Philips - go to
http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/philips/cd910.shtml
One of the most mechanical issue is the fact, that the loader comes out again shortly after the "close" position. In such cases is to clean or to replace the switch 4822-276-13222 (go to the exploded view from the loader 1210/L1210 by page 38-40 from the service manual of CD910).

Surprising is for me, that the belt for "Tray-In"/"Tray-Out" is to change only rarely by this loader model.

Attachments

• Micromega stage 2.jpg
    Micromega stage 2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 389
  • CDM12.1 + VAM1201 resin Hologram.jpg
    CDM12.1 + VAM1201 resin Hologram.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 414
  • Philips CD713 CD723 CD753 VAM1201 Servive newsletter1999.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.