|Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|4th March 2012, 10:06 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2012
Philips CD650 mods - the rookie version
I bought two Philips CD650's and am planning to mod one to restore it and to obtain a better sound from it. By the way, I will lead its signal into a Luxman L116a amplifier and refurbished Bose 601 speakers.
I have read all threads on the CD650 and tda1541 tweaking subject. The issue is that the guys i.e. in the thread "Philips CD650 mods" discuss things I just don't understand yet : I am quite a rookie in electronics.
So in this thread I will describe my very basic mods from rookie perspective and in an easy to understand manner, and may ask for some advise to more experienced people.
I am planning to:
- restoration of the CDM2/10 mechanism
- restoration of the main print
- upgrade the opamps
- try a non oversampling
- perhaps replace the tda1541 by a tda1541a
A few initial questions:
1) Any recommendations or "easy to understand step by step manual with pictures" links outside this forum that I may not have read yet ?
2) One of the boards has a 4804A chip, is it correct to consider this board inferior to the other board with the 7210 chip ?
3) Is it worthwhile to preliminarily remove the tda1541A from my other CD582 cd player in order to be able to later on put it in the CD650 replacing the original tda1541 ? Will it make a noticeable difference or is that only with the S1 or S2 versions?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Philips CD650 mods||SimontY||Digital Source||1094||11th August 2011 07:52 AM|
|Philips CD650||carlosfm||Digital Source||35||16th May 2009 12:41 PM|
|troubleshooting philips cd650||Luke||Digital Source||24||26th December 2007 03:37 AM|
|Problems with Philips CD650||Skorpio||Digital Source||2||19th February 2007 11:01 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|