CD6000 Door won't open

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I hope I had come to the right thread, my first posting ... sadly shouting for help.

I just discovered after pressing "Open/Close" button, my Marantz CD6000 door won't open.

Opening the cover, 'manual assist' (pushing the tray) does not help - I can heard very weak motor sound and the tray moves super-slowly in steps ... unnoticeble in strength ... to the extend of - mistakingly is my push.

On placing a CD and manual assisting the tray to close, pressing "Play" button ended up in "Error" displayed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone could help advice how should I repair it ? My cue is to replace the laser mechanism assembly :

1. The Laser assembly on my CD6000 (CD6000. only) is a "Made in China" Philips VAM 1201.

2. On ebay, there are listings of VAM 1202 (CDM12.1 CDM12.2) stating that VAM 1202 works to replace VAM 1201. Can I go for VAM 1202 ?

3. Is VAM 1202 better in any aspect then VAM 1201 ? And what does the CDM12.1 CDM12.2 means ?

4 If I replaced VAM1201, do I need to do calibration OR is it simply replace and bingo ! ? (in computing, they do something like calibration on optical stepper motor)

5. Does anyone have the manual/steps for this operation.

Anyone, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Thanks for the tips on rubber band. I checked and the rubber was fine.

I get on to work on it again this day.... Somehow the door has difficulty opening, sort of need to give it a push (I had opened the cover and give the tray a push). After a few tries (as if it is 'rusty'), it can open and close - abet not always sucessful.

And even so, this is achieved at the expense of lossening those bolting screws that secure the Tray mechanism to the CD6000 chasis. (It appears the tray was blocked by something at times)

At times having closed sucessfully, it gives error. At times it sucessfully read the 'Table of Contents' - plays the CD well - no skipping.

I am now scratching my head .... ??

Hi, anyone knows how to dismantle and clean the tray loader guide. I read somewhere in this forum the grease may dry after sometime. Or it could be the tray belt( but as I touch it it is still quite firm and with elastic)

Being working to narrow down the problem. The issue may lies with the tray loader. It has problem 'breaking' its close position. Pressing eject once, it moves a little-never eject. Pressing close and eject again - it opens.

The loader appears to be L1260/41 , VAM1202 or CDM12.1

Anyone any help ?

Hi, anyone knows how to dismantle and clean the tray loader guide. I read somewhere in this forum the grease may dry after sometime. Or it could be the tray belt( but as I touch it it is still quite firm and with elastic)

Being working to narrow down the problem. The issue may lies with the tray loader. It has problem 'breaking' its close position. Pressing eject once, it moves a little-never eject. Pressing close and eject again - it opens.

The loader appears to be L1260/41 , VAM1202 or CDM12.1

Anyone any help ?
Perhaps this helps:
http://www.daisy-laser.com/products/cd/modules/L121065/val1210_65_68v1.0daisy2.pdf

Meaning of Abbreviations:
L = Loader,
VAM = Video-Audio Mechanism
CDM = Compact Disc Mechanism

Make carefully clean the internal mechanical contactor switch for "Laserhead start position" and "Disc-In" - "Disc-Out" of your loader.
Another common problem is the wrong position of various parts like various small gears after removing the tray. Try to find a used cheap cd player with the same loader for compare - this is the best possibility to fix your individual issue by your loader device.

My English is too bad to give you the exact designation/naming from all parts of the loader (even in German this is difficult, because each manufacturer choice different designations for the same part).

P.S. go to
http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/philips/cd910.shtml
this player uses the same loader - so I think.

Last edited:
3. Is VAM 1202 better in any aspect then VAM 1201 ? And what does the CDM12.1 CDM12.2 means ?

4 If I replaced VAM1201, do I need to do calibration OR is it simply replace and bingo ! ? (in computing, they do something like calibration on optical stepper motor)

Both VAM 12xx and CDM12.x mechanisms are used in Philips/Marantz CD-players alternatively. Probably, each CDM 12.x has VAM 12.xx equivalent. However, there are some minor differences between them. In some cases one should replace some elements (when the laser unit not works properly). You can find detailed information about this problem in the net.
f.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.