Philips CD931: good or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CDM4 in the CD624

Reading all this about updating CD-players, I have very good results with the old and cheap CD624! The CDM4 is very good, reads all there is. The main board is well designed and the connections for the I2S behind the SAA 7310 are concentrated on a (not mounted) plug. The I2S has the Philips standard: 'justified left with one bit delay'.
The most nice thing is: it has a compete large separate section to build in the new back end and its power supply!

I2S and the digi-filter SM5847AF

The SAA7310 in my CD624 offers I2S with 'left justified with one bit delay' as I stated before.
For the back end I try to use a part of Guido Tent cs. tube DAC. This DAC is equiped with the SM5847AF digital filter which only accepts I2S 'justified right'.
I moved the data 15 bits to the right with a shift register, but is does not work! It could be that the clock from the SAA7310 should be inverted before clocking the shift register.
I think the DACs are missing the sigh-bit, so....
Any suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.