PGA4311 with PIC Microcontroller Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

After using the analog control and source selection using the Switches for 10+ years I finally decided to build a Digital Volume control for my 6 Channel Amplifier.

i am almost new in PIC programming so will need help of community and you genius techies.

I have attached the schematic in PDF format. Please see and let me know if I am correct . Schematic is still not 100% complete . Need to add the Source Selection and LCD board along with switch panel.
I want to use this in my future TAS5630 based 8 Channel Amplifier(I already ordered PCBs).

I want to add following feature:
1. 8 channel Volume Control.
2. 3 ( 8 Channel each )source selection (for TV,PC,And DVD/BlU Ray)
3. LCD Display (using 16x2 LCD)
4. Switch Board for source selection with LED for each Source.

I am sure that I will be able to build it with your help.
I want to be this project as a total Open Source.

I will post all of steps code and ... on website. I find it very difficult to search and find a program so that I could just drop in chip and start using.

What I have :
1. Pickit 2
2. mPlabxIDE
3. PIC16F , 18F
4. PGA2311,2320,4311
5. Flowcode 4+

Attachments

• PG4311.pdf
    70.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Bottom_PGA_4311.JPG
    Bottom_PGA_4311.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 422
  • TOP_PGA_4311.JPG
    TOP_PGA_4311.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 408
I like the project. Consider adding IR (or RF) remote as well for just adjusting the volume. Source selection will get expensive if relays are used. I'm familiar with the PIC series and find the Anduino based solution may be bit easier to get going. Either will work for this.

Rf would be the second part as i think that it will be easy once i build the necessary functionality. I chose PIC as it is easily available and is cheap.

Once it start working i am thinking to go to ARM cortex that i got from ti along with AD sigma dsp with cs3318.

However i know that it will be the building block.

AC3 Dolby digital decoder

Hi,

I did a project recently using PGA4311, dspic33F for control and online VU-metering with the embedded DSP core, 4xTDA7296 (60W each) power DMOS amplifiers, and two powerful SMPSs for 240W. The AC3 decoder is a modified AC3 gear (seems to be a Cirrus Logic device, but not sure) fitting to the housing.

See the figures attached. if you need some advice PM me.

seppi

Attachments

• dss_final_back.jpg
    dss_final_back.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 348
  • dss_final_front.jpg
    dss_final_front.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 329
  • dss_final_internal.jpg
    dss_final_internal.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 334
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.