OPPO BDP-95: just received today so here's a quick review - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th February 2012, 01:08 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default OPPO BDP-95: just received today so here's a quick review

Just received my Oppo BDP-95 today and did some preliminary listening with analog 2-channel outs direct to my Odyssey Stratos (extreme with red board, ect., ect) and my diy Aleph J

I'll I can say is that this player is far better than what the snobbaphiles are saying about it. I think they must be embarrased that it's as good as their automobile priced DAC + player combos.

I normally don't write comments about commercial products because of the subjectiveness of discussing the merits of a single piece of equipment that lives within the signal chain in your rig with all of the associated problems (e.g. mismatched impedence) but i have to give a very enthusiastic thumbs up to this player.

IMHO, it is an incredible bargain and warrants a listen in your system.

Next, I'll try it with different preamps (i'll be building a DCB1 in the next few weeks and it'll be fun to try that with it as well as with my Audio Alchemy DLC).

If you are in the Phoenix area and would like to come over and hear it please send me a PM and we'll set it up.

Cheers,

GG

Hide this!Advertise here!