diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   Lampizator Transport (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/206153-lampizator-transport.html)

BTW 7th February 2012 01:36 AM

Lampizator Transport

Hi Guys,

Lampizator has just come out with some modded DVD transports ...

Lampizator - Lampizator Transport

Seems like quite a simple mod with a capacitor and a resistor....

http://lampizator.eu/shop/ccdata/ima...ll3_14_146.jpg

Any Ideas what should be done.. I've a couple of spare DVD players laying around..

BTW 7th February 2012 01:42 AM

Admin,

My apologies ... posted in the wrong forum.. can you please move this post to Digital Source.. Thanks a lot.

j baldam 7th February 2012 07:58 AM

Hi, I'm only new at the technical side of digital but the yellow wire is picking up the digital signal where it is purest, before d to a conversion.
A couple of resistors are used on the phono socket for level I think.
Read here it shows the mod done on a philips cd 940.

Fikustransport

"I wired the signal directly to the s/PDIF output - my newly installed RCA socket.
I tried it with the series cap and without, with the 75 resistor and without, and the conclusion is that no cap solution sounds best.
I used - starting from the source -> a wire, an L-pad to reduce the output by 1:4, -> 270 Ohms series to pin of RCA hot and from there -> 75 Ohms to ground,.
I eliminated the capacitor in series and the ugly signal transformer. Who needs transformer here ! It only distorts the signal. Who says galvanic isolation is necessary? This is not a telephone line buried under the desert. "

BTW 7th February 2012 11:04 PM

Thanks the info... will look into this...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by j baldam (Post 2895374)
Hi, I'm only new at the technical side of digital but the yellow wire is picking up the digital signal where it is purest, before d to a conversion.
A couple of resistors are used on the phono socket for level I think.
Read here it shows the mod done on a philips cd 940.

SoNic_real_one 7th February 2012 11:11 PM

That is pure garbage. No shielded wire, no ground return (uses chasis), no impedance matching.
Tipical for him.

j baldam 8th February 2012 12:11 PM

Hi Sonic,
I will do this mod shortly, is a shielded cable necessary?
The cable takes the place of PCB tracks which aren't shielded.
The mod on my player is earthed to the PCB ground plane as far as I'm aware.

SoNic_real_one 8th February 2012 04:46 PM

The trace is run close to ground on PCB's. The area of the resulted electro-magnetic loop is insignifiant. Proper termination with 75 ohm resistor limits further the influence of outside EM fields.
The "loop area" in the picture above is 10000 times bigger (between the wire and surrounding case). And no resistance termination at the connector - from what I can see.

HominisNocturna 8th February 2012 04:56 PM

You take the ground from the nearest 1000uf capacitor.
Use 470pF capacitor for impedence matching.

SoNic_real_one 8th February 2012 10:15 PM

That does NOT solve nothing.
1. Loop created by that wire and ground is too BIG and will have induced EMI from the rest of the board.
2. 470pF SERIES with signal will not "match" the required 75ohm PARALEL (across output) impedance.

ihear21khz 9th February 2012 06:34 AM

This mod isn't new. Fikus posted it some years ago. I have tried it and it worked great on a similar DVD player. I used a different cap value (can't remember the value) and a 75ohm resistor. If you read Fikus' other stuff, you will note that he does use termination resistors. Sonic's comment about no ground return is "valid". You can add the ground yourself. I won't necessarily advocate doing such a mod on high end CD transports (Fikus does this even on top end CECs), but on a cheap and cheerful DVD player, why not.