Bluetooth Boombox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am putting together a boombox for my daughter's iPod. I am trying to see if I can somehow make this boombox a bluetooth device using a logitech bluetooth adapter.

1. AMP: 2x15W @ 4 Ohm TA2024 Class-D Audio Amplifier Board
2. Speaker: Tang Band W3-881SI 3" Speaker
3. Source: Logitech Bluetooth Adapter
4. Power Supply TBD

I am a noob when it comes to electronics and I am trying to figure out how to get power to the amp and the bluetooth adapter without having multiple wires coming out of the boombox. I was also thinking maybe I can just put a surge protector inside the boombox to plug the power supply powering the amp and the power supply powering the bluetooth adapter but concern that the setup could be a fire hazard. I greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you,
Shadowfox

Should be possible, can you post a picture of the bluthooth adapter you are considering please. Also do you already own the boombox? If so let us see. Sounds like you plan to plug the boombox in to an outlet some of the time, correct? If you havent yet seen the thread on the "Boominator" on this site check it out for ideas.

Last edited:
Any progresss on this? I actually plan on doing the exact same thing.. A DIY boombox with a bluetooth adapter (most likely the logitech one you posted). The amp I had picked is similiar (Lapai Tripath TA2020A+) but also considered the same one. Still not sure on drivers yet.

Basically wanted something like a sonos, but since it lacks so much functionality I thought a bluetooth speaker would make more sense. This way I can stream netflix to it from my tablet, pc or smartphone, listen to music on my device itself, and stream music from my network with an app like AudioGalaxy to the boombox. People coming over could also easily pair to it for control and their own media.

I'm not 100% sure if I want it limited to wall power, so I am also considered batteries, such as 12V 6800-9800mAH -Li-ion. I'd prefer 12v 12AH SLA but too much weight.

Amp + BT + Power advice/questions

So, I have run into the same BT feedback loop(the BT USB was plugged into the amp and also the line-in on the amp).. my simple solution was ordering a rechargeable BT adapter(it was like $3 on ebay), I can find a link if anyone is having trouble finding one..

The amp I used was a little 15+15 Lepai from China via ebay, which requires 12v to run, gets quieter as the battery dies.

The battery I used was a SLA 12v 5A wheelchair battery(relatively small), which runs forever, but is really heavy..

I was wondering if anyone knows enough to advise me whether 3 18650's would work better? Together they would equal 11.1v. I just don't understand the amperage part of the system. Would it run on those batteries? Much cheaper and easier to charge, and MUCH lighter.

The stereo I built(in a suitcase) works great and is super loud, but I'm looking to go lighter on the battery

Any insights? Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.