apple airport express?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can't explain the technicalities of why, but I could only get the analog output to work properly. Digital output would make my DAC hiccup on a random basis (usually once a song on average).

I wasn't interested in using analog output, so I no longer use it for audio. The AppleTV was improved, but still had a few digital hiccups. Now I use USB.

Yes, I use four of them in my house to stream music, both MP3 (~200mbits/sec) and apple lossless files. Iv'e got two of the four of them hooked up to DACs via TOSLink. Both DAC's work flawlessly, and both use Crystal receiver chips (cs8412, and cs8416). I've got a newer express with "n" networking attached to one DAC and an older with "g" attached to the other.

Works like a charm, and the remote app for my iPhone makes whole house audio a nice experience.

Sheldon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.