Marantz CD62 service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Does one of you have the service manual for the Marantz CD62 CD player? Or knows where I can find it?

I searched with google, found nothing. Looked here and on AA, nothing more :( It seems that this model was not vey popular. Too bad for me.

Thanks
Alex

Just make a phone call to the French Marantz distributor and ask for it. They probably don't have one but they can order it in Japan for you. Might take some time to convince them that they can order it for you. I did the same for a service manual of the CD63 here in Holland.

Price of a service manual is about 20 to 25 euro.

Some time ago, I obtained a service manual for my CD42 from my local public library, just cost me the ordering fee (80p).
It also included the CD52 and 52Mk2SE as well :)
I think I've got a CD72 schematic somewhere as well, but I don't know how these relate to the CD62...

A

arniel said:
Some time ago, I obtained a service manual for my CD42 from my local public library, just cost me the ordering fee (80p).
I think I've got a CD72 schematic somewhere as well, but I don't know how these relate to the CD62...

A

I think the CD62 and CD72 aren't very different.
Could you send me a copy of your CD72 service manual? Send me a mail, we'll talk about this.

Thanks
Alex

Some picture, fot those who care ;)

the 2 chips on the left PCB are the SAA7350 (filter+dac for the fiwed output) and SAA7322 (filter+dac for the variable output)

The chip on the right PCB is the SAA7310 (decoder)

Attachments

• dscf0002s.jpg
    dscf0002s.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,439
Hi

I just got a manual for my CD73 from http://stereomanuals.com. It cost me USD25 + shipping, and I got it after 1 week.

They have tons of stuff like that. The service is great too. They replyed with my quote within a few hours. They quote both the price and a description of the overall quality.

Mine is an copy of the original manual. The quality is exelent and the manual is 40 pages long including several fold-out pages with schematics and mechanical drawings.

arniel said:
Interesting... the CD42 has a large gap on the side where your picture shows the SAA7350. In fact, that was exactly where I was going to put my replacement DAC... until the HTPC bug struck... ;)

Do you mean that it's the same layout, but without the 2nd PCB?

Thomas said:
Hi

I just got a manual for my CD73 from http://stereomanuals.com. It cost me USD25 + shipping, and I got it after 1 week.

They have tons of stuff like that. The service is great too. They replyed with my quote within a few hours. They quote both the price and a description of the overall quality.

Mine is an copy of the original manual. The quality is exelent and the manual is 40 pages long including several fold-out pages with schematics and mechanical drawings.

They haven't the CD62's service manual :(

After having looked on the SAA73** datasheets and on the PCB's traces this night, I saw that there isn't 2 DACs in this player

The SAA7322 (DAC with integrated filter) is connected after the decoder (SAA7310) and is only used as a 4xOS digital filter, and feeds the DAC of the SAA7350 (DAC with integrated filter)

The variable output is obtained from the fixed one, by analog volume control (good thing :))

Rather strange design, though

CD72 manual

arniel said:

A

Any chance you can send me a copy of the CD72 service manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.