Decent (cheap) optical to analogue DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, the use case isn't exactly a poster child for high quality- its to hook up some Apple TVs to amplified speakers. The Apple TV only has optical out, the speakers only have analogue in.

So I got a cheap DAC (this one: Digital Optical Coaxial to Analog RCA Audio Converter | eBay) and it works fine. BUT, instead of the Apple TV that location used to have an Airport Express instead & now the volume is significantly lower.

So the DAC is outputting a lower power signal then the Airport Express. This is annoying, as the speakers are now borderline too quiet.

So, I'm after a reccomendation for a cheap (well under $100, prefer ~$50) DAC that has a higher level output then the existing super cheap one :).

Other ebay options include:
Digital Optical Coaxial to Analog RCA Audio Converter INC Power Pack Brand NEW | eBay

DIY Digital Optical SPDIF to HIFI Analog RCA Converter | eBay

Pro TDA-1305A decoder coaxial toslink optical to analog | eBay

NEW Digital Optical Coax to Analog L/R Audio Converter | eBay

Gefen Optical Digital Coaxial to Analog Audio Converter | eBay

But I am open to any suggestions!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.