DAC Hifidiy Olympic PCM1798 assembly and problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, from Argentina, i speak english not very well, im sorry :rolleyes:

I have bought a Kit - DAC Hifidiy PCM1798 olympic version -
Someone has tried this kit ?

the kit comes with manual very synthesized
I dont understand a transformer volts,
Schematic Transformer:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i have connected to 220v : >>

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

when i connect to 220V, a Transformer make noise, a tube lights but... strong light... in 10 seconds a fuse cute and transformer burn,,smoke mell :eek:

Hifidiy say: " yes , it can work with 220V , the transformer is from 110 to 220V , I think may be you can check the attachment about the connection , may be you made a mistake , connect the wrong line , please check , anything can contact me, "

The DAC worked 10 seconds ,, but then see smoke.
The connection transformers its ok ?

Thank you and im sorry. I have another picture large.

You need to connect BOTH of the 115V in SERIES WITH PROPER POLARITY. They have a "beginning" and an "end".
The way you connected the transformer damaged it - you applied 220V on just one 115V coil!
And you did solder in short-circuit the second coil - that is even worse for the transformer!!!

Connection should be something like RED - BLACk on 220V and BLUE - GREEN toghether. Altough, I am not sure if that's the proper polarity, it could be RED-GREEN to 220V and BLUE-BLACK toghether.
Vendor SHOULD tell you the correct connection for 220V (one of the two above), because only him knows the way the windings are polarized.

Last edited:
Thank you Sonic!
please, could you draw me a pic please ? :D
you can try with paint. :D

im thinking about what to do now ? :confused:

a transformer burned...and a PCB components :scratch1::scratch1:
maybe burned many components ?

maybe i can try with another kit (without chassis) u$150 , transformer u$25

or i can send to China Manufacture my kits without chassis
for u$50 shipping and they can check my kit burned and then u$50+ for shipping return to argentina?

and another questions, when i bought a kit to China, i asked them to weld small pieces.
Im seeing now, many welds touch with the next leg. this is normal ? or not is a problem ?
pic:

Look at the datasheets for those IC's, there you'll see which if any pins should connect.

But that does look sloppy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.